Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Prologue -  The Trials

Prologue - The Trials

A Chapter by Alagar

Prologue: The Trials

Kevin: I shall kill you!
Aaron: Ah I see…..well then, *grabs two fighting knives and moves to stand in ready position* shall we?
Kevin: *grabs RPG* Definitely!
Aaron: This should be quite interesting *grins as daggers grow out into two full length katana’s*
Kevin: *laughs as explosive flies straight and explodes at the feet of Aaron*
Aaron: *does a back flip off of a chunk of rising concrete beneath him as it goes flying to the air*
Kevin: *sighs* *pulls off gloves to reveal pentagrams on palms* fun time
Aaron: Oh yes, very *twin katana’s start to glow blue*
Kevin: *eyes fade to black and a black flame sprouts from palms* (in multilayered voice) it’s Showtime! *maniacal laugh*
Aaron: (screams with slightly British accent) right then! *sprouts two large white leathery dragon wings and bursts into a blue flame*
Kevin: Hahaha!!! *fire flies out of hands, splitting into 20 balls that each explode into a different imp armed to the teeth with weapons and a demonic teleporting device on their back* [Scarface imitation] say hello to my little friend…..s
Aaron: Why…..*grins* hello *flies lightning fast at imps and uses special techniques as he slices each one of them with twin burning blue blades and all are dead within one second, not even having time to react* [V for Vendetta imitation]
Kevin: Fantastic! *shackles Aaron’s blades to the ground. The blades are then shattered into a million pieces by the strength of the spiked chains* now let’s play my kind of game! *fires bolt of black lightning at Aaron*
 
Aaron: Fine by me! *grins as an inferno of blue flames pulsate out of palms to counter incoming black lightning, causing a massive explosion that sends both of them flying”
Kevin: alright time to show off. *spreads hands to either side. Scorching wind blows, scorching the sky and erasing the landscape revealing a devastated wasteland* Welcome to my realm! *skin turns black, red runes run across skin and eyes burst into flames* Hahahahaha!!! *fire burns deep within Kevin’s mouth*
Aaron: I think you need to hire a new interior decorator, or would this be considered exterior? *blue flames start to blaze under skin as it flows out and starts hardening into bright scale plated armor covering, forming shoulder plates, chest plate, vambraces on forearms, armor plating on tips of wings, leggings, boots that resemble a dragon’s back claw, and a dragon head-shaped helm, where the face opening is the dragon’s mouth. A pulse of pure blue energy bursts from chest after transformation into a shimmering blue/white suit of dragon armor is complete and wave of energy flies at Kevin*
Kevin: *sigh* *time stops completely. Kevin walks forward and hops over the energy wave. While walking, skin hardens into demonskin. Spikes sprout from skin, larger as they go towards the back. Horns grow from head. Teeth sharpen and elongate and hands turn into claws. Bat-like wings grow from back. Walks up to Aaron and wails him in the face in the opening in the helmet. Timestop ends and Aaron goes flying from the blow*
Aaron: *Kevin feels tap on shoulder* hey, over here *the Aaron duplicate that Kevin just punched disintegrates and Kevin spins around to face actual Aaron, who then proceeds to grab Kevin by the wings and toss him through the air*
Kevin: *flips in air and hovers* Crafty b*****d! *opens rift in the air and molten lava pours onto Aaron* let’s see just how strong that armor of yours is!
Aaron: *stream of lava starts to glow around center and then disappears. Kevin looks up to see Aaron hovering above him wearing the same suit of armor, but in complete black with red lines running all across it that make it look like cracks but that are glowing red with molten lava* *smirks* it has its own types of strength. *Aaron lifts hand and glowing red daggers appear above his head and shoot at Kevin, exploding on his wings, then hardens entire wings into hard black crust*
Kevin: *Kevin stays hovering and smiles* fooled you! *the wings fall off* now here’s a fun part *fires a shadowy bolt at Aaron that shatters his armor and blasts him further into the air* oooh so fun!
Aaron: *Aaron in air disintegrates again and then appears in front of Kevin* you would think that you would learn *smiles as an Aaron appears behind Kevin, one on each side and four more in each gap for a total of 8. They all start spinning in a blurred circle around Kevin* Catch me if you can! (Said by all 8 in unison)
Kevin: Fine! *shockwave of black flames blasts out of Kevin*
Aaron: *single two handed sword of pure blue energy emerges from real Aaron’s hand, who is the one right behind Kevin and slices first downward to break the oncoming circle of flames as all the other replica’s disappear and then brings blade up, slicing Kevin’s entire back before quickly darting backwards*
Kevin: *Kevin splits open and disappears. The landscape is returned to normal and Kevin is seen standing there as before with his hands out to his sides* Congratulations! You have passed the test. Welcome to the Order of Mages
Aaron: *Aaron floats down to the ground, covering himself with his now white wings. After Kevin broke him out of his molten red armor, it was replaced with the original white armor. Wings fold completely as he descends then breaks into sparkling white balls of light leaving Aaron as before also* Gladly accepted. *snaps fingers and a bright light flashes, leaving him in Flowing white robes with Elven style designs and his hair now resembles Lord Elrond’s from Lord of the Rings with a silver Elven band around his head*
Kevin: *black robes appear out of nowhere with the symbol of the Warlock imprinted on it* now we must classify you so that you may receive training. Seeing by your style using blades and the armor, you seem to be a mage. You will be put into the Battlemage Regime and trained from there. Do you accept?
Aaron: I accept
*both Aaron and Kevin disappear, Aaron in a shimmering blue light and Kevin in a deep red Light*
 


© 2009 Alagar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

XD You posted it!!!! This is really good, Aaron! You and Kevin need to go into writing!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait to read the other chapters =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2009
Last Updated on February 6, 2009


Author

Alagar
Alagar

Indiana, PA



About
Currently enrolled as a Geography Major at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania and continuing to write the novel I have been working on for many a year now; The Order of Mages. Feeling an increase .. more..

Writing
Tomes I Tomes I

A Chapter by Alagar


Tomes Revised Tomes Revised

A Chapter by Alagar