Common Reasons For Defects In Ignition Locks

Common Reasons For Defects In Ignition Locks

A Story by St. Albert 24/7 Locksmith
"

St. Albert is the one of best locksmith company in Canada. We offer various type of services like as Residential,Commercial,Emergency,Automotive and new lock replacement locksmith services.

"

One of the daunting situation is when you are all set to go for a vacation and the time you turned the ignition lock, it didn't engage. Moreover, there's no automotive locksmith available nearby. One may panic with the fear of being stranded. A common scenario or coincidence is that the car ignition lock problems mostly occur, when you are in an annoying situation.


Few reasons for defects in ignition switches are:


1. Inbuilt manufacturing defect


In most cases, the ignition switch is found faulty. Most probably, this issue is discovered when your vehicle is still under warranty period. It is one of the common reason for sudden switch breakdowns. Call in an emergency locksmith for prompt response service.


2. Inbuilt anti-theft issue


A common reason that won't allow a car to start up is worn out key or pins. If the fob key is damaged, the automatic system will not receive the right opening code. This won't allow the car to start up. To deal with this problem, its crucial to get the duplicate car keys. If these keys doesn't work, the issue is with the pin alignment.


3. Interlocking ignition switch


The ignition switch serves two purposes, one is starting the car and other is locking the steering wheel, when ignition is turned off. This is an anti theft function. If any problem occurs with this interlocking system, the vehicle engine will not turn over.


Diagnosing the Ignition Switch Problem


A qualified St. Albert automotive locksmith can diagnose and fix these issues in a proper way. Before calling a professional, its crucial to check if the problem is actually with the ignition switch or there's some other fault. Few ways to identify switch problem are:


a. The key won’t turn in the ignition


This may be due to a worn key. Use a spare key, if it doesn’t work, call an experienced automotive locksmith to look into the problem.


b. The ignition and engine turns but doesn’t start


The possible reason may be a faulty key or low engine voltage.


c. Engine stops suddenly while driving


This is caused due to worn ignition switch that loosens the inside voltage leading to the engine death.


d. You can’t get the key out of ignition


If the key is stuck inside the ignition, try to move the steering wheel. If it still doesn't remove, the lock mechanism may have got damaged.


When to call in a professional automotive locksmith


If you are facing problem with the ignition switch, don’t try to fix it on your own. This may lead to further damage and costly repairs. Locksmiths who are trained to deal with automobile locks can effectively repair all vehicle locks and can offer necessary help required during a car lockout situation.


These were the few reasons that can lead to ignition lock damage and ways to identify the switch problem. St. Albert 24/7 Locksmith is a leading locksmith company that offers top-notch solutions for all residential, commercial, automotive and emergency lock and key needs in St. Albert.

© 2017 St. Albert 24/7 Locksmith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 27, 2017
Tags: locksmith St Albert, locksmiths in St. Albert, lock repair St. Albert