Easy Locksmith Tricks Every Homeowner Should know

Easy Locksmith Tricks Every Homeowner Should know

A Story by St. Albert 24/7 Locksmith
"

A locksmith is a trained lock technician who offers solutions to a home's security. A residential locksmith provides lock solutions to a home, commercial locksmith install high security locks to busin

"

A locksmith is a trained lock technician who offers solutions to a home's security. A residential locksmith provides lock solutions to a home, commercial locksmith install high security locks to business premises and an automotive locksmith repairs and replace the automobile locks.


All these practices ensure safety and security to a family and workforce. If you want to protect your home from burglars or intruders, consult an expert residential locksmith in St. Albert. With years of experience in installing and repairing locks, there's no better individual who can assist a homeowner in securing his property. Before going for lock installation, there's need to have proper knowledge about various security techniques.


Few easy tricks a homeowner should be aware of are:


1. For new homes


If you have recently moved to a new home, the foremost thing to do is, rekeying or replacing the old locks. There are great chances that the previous occupant may still be having the keys. To avoid any unwanted access, calling a lock technician for lock replacement in St. Albert should be the utmost priority.


2. For deadbolts


A deadbolt is a strong and durable lock that is difficult to break through. For superior home protection, its advised to go for deadbolt installation. Still, there are many untrained lock professionals who don't know the correct technique to work with a deadbolt. Therefore, make sure the one on your door is installed in a proper way.


3. For windows


If your home have plenty of windows that are located at a place of easy reach, secure them to avoid break-ins. This can be done by installing a double cylinder lock that can only be unlocked from the interior side that too with the help of a key. Try to get the windows grilled to prevent a forceful entry.


4. For sturdy doors


'A great lock works better on a great door', is a true saying. Try to opt for sturdy doors that are made of solid wood or aluminum material. No matter, one installs a normal or high security lock, if the door itself is weak and flimsy, it can easily break up by a strong or even mild kick.


5. For key hiding


The common place for hiding the main gate keys is under the door mat or in the flower pot. Everyone, especially the thieves know that home keys are often hide in planters, mailboxes, rocks etc. To prevent break- ins, carry the keys with you. Visit a locksmith to get the keys duplicated equal to the number of family members, so that each of them have their own key.


These were the few common lock tips and tricks that every individual should be aware of. St Albert 24/7 Locksmith is a trusted locksmith company that offers top-notch lock installation, rekeying, replacement and emergency lock repair services in St. Albert at affordable prices.

© 2017 St. Albert 24/7 Locksmith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on January 6, 2017
Last Updated on July 27, 2017
Tags: locksmith St Albert, emergency locksmith St. Albert, commercial locksmith St. Albert