Elixir of Life

Elixir of Life

A Story by Alemu Wolde-Michael
"

When we live by our impressions, we lose sight of our true nature.

"

“What is the elixir of life?” Zara the young woman questioned the Magus.


"The leaf falls, the breeze blows it along the ground, its first and last journey away from its root; now in a world of its own, its colours ripening according to its nature, be it a golden brown or a bright and pertinacious red. It dances in temporary freedom, in continuous movement propelled by the breeze fluttering and tumbling along. Alas, it gets caught in a nook or crevasse, or perhaps in a mound of countless others the same. There it remains in fading distinction as the all-patient Mother Earth gently absorbs it back into her bosom through the dust of itself; back to the source from whence it has come, never again re-appearing as the one that it was in its moment of personal dance.


“Let our hearts be awakened to the imperishable truth that you and I are but this leaf on the ground, all of yesterday’s years the fading vibration of this moment NOW where life endlessly breathes the perennial key to the timeless. This knowledge lost, we are absorbed with the personal import of how we appeared a moment ago or what a tomorrow might bring, forever outside of ourselves endlessly struggling to hold onto this fleeting body of flesh and blood in its momentary flash of sensory wonder.


“Like the leaf falling from the sap of the tree we are blown along by the winds of ourselves. We become lost through our minds, seeing the world about us as something apart and then setting out to arrange it in accord with our personal desires, each of us at difference and immediately conflict arising. Thus, we lose sight of our true nature as we become tossed by the turbulence of the acquired. But do not believe me. Ask yourself if this is not so, if this is not the way the world of our personal creation appears when we break from the sap of our true essence. This is the human condition. Realignment with your true nature is the way home. Hear it in your heart, for here is the elixir of life." Zara listened and heard.

 

© 2011 Alemu Wolde-Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like it, but the story is short. You have excellent wording, and your phrases really captured me. I look forward to reading more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on September 18, 2011

Author

Alemu Wolde-Michael
Alemu Wolde-Michael

Spirituality, Ireland



About
Pen-name Alemu Wolde-Michael. Born James Alan Conlan in 1946, lived and worked as a teacher in the UK, Middle East, Ireland, Spain and Morocco. My passion: Spirituality. Research into the evolut.. more..

Writing