The Majestic Stars Of The Night Sky

The Majestic Stars Of The Night Sky

A by AlexG
"

This is a short.... I guess I'll call it an article lol, about just what I think about the stars, space, aliens etc...

"

For thousands of years, the stars have mystified human beings. Stars, when viewed with the naked eye from Earth are in a sense poetic. They can evoke from a person a sense of awe, and inspiration that not even the greatest of literary works from Shakespeare, to Maya Angelou can match. The stars, although unattainable and unreachable, are the most magnificent works of nature man has had the honor of viewing. They flicker, and in a clear night come in the thousands. When viewing under this circumstance, one comes to the distinct realization that we, humans in this beautiful planet Earth, are of no significance. We can be utterly wiped out in an instant; the killer could be an undetected Gamma Ray Burst, an asteroid catching us off guard, or ourselves, and even so, the universe would not be moved. Stars will continue to form, and planets will continue to coalesce. The universe will go on, and will not stop for a grain of sand.

The existence of hundreds of billions of stars in single galaxy, and hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe sure gives credence the hypothesis that alien life, whether microbial or intelligent surely exists in other worlds. If intelligent extraterrestrial life indeed exists, it may be hundreds, thousands, millions or even billions of years ahead of us technologically, superior in every way imaginable, and unimaginable. Of course this is at the moment still merely a hypothesis not supported by empirical evidence. But it would be unwise to rule out the possibility when, if they do not exist, the universe would be “an awful waste of space”

© 2009 AlexG


Author's Note

AlexG
Constructive criticism is encouraged.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting thought. I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2009

Author

AlexG
AlexG

Junipter Hills, CA



About
Whats up, my name's Alex Rodolfo Gomez, I'm 20. I'm Mexican/African American, and speak fluent spanish. I freelance write for other people to make a little bit of money. I am also an artist, I love to.. more..

Writing