☨ Prolouge ☨

☨ Prolouge ☨

A Chapter by LexiSpots
"

The hard part of ending...is starting again.

"
The world didn't fall apart from nuclear warfare, it didn't fall from man killing man, it was the course of the Earth and it was ourselves that killed it. The Earth had become exposed to an ground and air born disease that wouldn't just take out a country, but take out all of man kind itself. It had no remorse, had no pity, and only took life. The disease wasn't known as a disease until it was given to a patient that had no intention to use it as a cure, but as a drug. The disease known as Crane, was for those who had diabetes and others who had cancer, it revived cells and made them a new. Crane was very specialized and it took almost years to concentrate and test it on rats, but what they didn't test was what would happen if a normal healthy person took the Crane and made it his own personal drug. The cells inside the body that were healthy would take an opposite effect, and Crane would kill the cells and the organs and then the body. Yet as Crane's purpose to revive dead cells the body never died, the corpse would rise and have the need to feed. No memories and no conscience of what it fed on, it could be bird or dog, but it had an unusual taste of human flesh on its tongue. This is what killed the world, but this also cured my brother of what he had before. This is what it began as, and this is what it ended as. The hardest part of ending, is finding the right place to start again. This is what happened before, and this is also the new life that we live now. Let the beginning come known.
In Meadow, Utah when winter struck the snow was a blanket that covered the ground, 300 inches of pure white flakes. Pines would still blossom above the ground and cover the hill sides with slopes that ran next to them. Yet as spring then summer then autumn would come into play, the trees would grow and then they would turn into the fire red and the beautiful orange. The town would burn alive, and then it would never fall into slumber. The town was small, little under one thousand people that resided, and most were all born American and some being hispanic. We didn't know the difference between people, people were people and that is where our troubles began. In Meadow, Utah we had no idea how to take a soul that was not human anymore, we thought of them our neighbors and our wives and our children. But they weren't, and many would fall dead to this.  In the farthest borders resided the Horta family, my family, where my father Carlos, would cut trees for money and my mother, Patty would do accountings and bake. My brother Carlos Jr., would be out doing his antics with his friends, our dog Bella would be playing with the newest member of the dog family Diego, who was ten times Bella's size. My cousin, who was actually my brother in my eyes, Zowie would be sitting on the couch dazing into space and every once in a while glancing down to the television. His family, my aunt and other cousins, would be up in Washington doing their own lives while he stayed with his only uncle. I, would be outside under the trees, reading a book or sketching the life that I once knew. A field away  lived my god mother Liz, and her husband and my godfather, Izro and their new daughter Colette. Another field to our left would be the family friends, the Strife clan. This family contained of Charles, his wife Ellie, their son Vincent and their two daughters Kelly and Miracle, and their cat Lucy. But in this family was a bad egg, their adopted son of 17 named Adriel would start fires in the field and always did something wrong. My father told me to stay away and keep to the girls, but they way Adriel gazed at me and always smirked made me want to land my knuckles into his lips. This is where it started, and I now apologize that I didn't take sooner action. I'm sorry. 


© 2012 LexiSpots


Author's Note

LexiSpots
Ignore grammmar, please tell me what yout think, and please enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on January 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 9, 2012
Tags: Adventure, Fiction, Death, Sadness, Family, Beginning, Survival, Friends, Zombies


Author

LexiSpots
LexiSpots

San Diego , CA



About
My name is Alexis and..the reason I'm writing is because I've been having weird dreams that involve my family and the friends of myself. I decided to write my dreams here, and now I'm here to let my d.. more..

Writing
☨ Apples ☨ ☨ Apples ☨

A Chapter by LexiSpots


Survival Survival

A Book by LexiSpots