☨ Apples ☨

☨ Apples ☨

A Chapter by LexiSpots
"

The Last Day Of Peace

"
September 24, 2015 -- Charles's Birthday
I could hear the rampage of the small miniature schnauzer who's fur was a dark as the night with small white ink spots on her claws, she was barking mad. The puppy couldn't stop barking at the simple fire butterfly that as if sleeping on the glass beyond her fangs, Bella would not stop. Across the room on the red tribal couches with a blanket being his pillow, the 4 year old dog would raise his head and give a low and rumbling huff. He stood with grace and stretched his limbs, then stepping down as a king would from his throne he went over to the small pup. With a simple nudge the large ball of muscles and fur with a light chocolate fur walked towards the kitchen. In the center of his muscle chest would be smudges of white as his large head swung side to side and his tail arched in a perfect rainbow. This adult is Diego, and he led the pup as gentle as he could, stepping out of house, Bella chased in hot pursuit. I smiled from my seat on the base carpet stairs, standing up and stretching my limbs I merely looked at the clock and saw it strike ten. The house wasn't large and it wasn't small, with a full living room and a kitchen to the left, with a den on the right that led into the office the 2 story home was long and slender with colors of autumn and fire. I knew where each one of my family members were, my father being upstairs in his bat cave sleeping the morning, my mother at the grocery store in town to by ingredients. My brother upstairs in his room playing video games, and my cousin was waiting for me outside of the door, we both lay in the world that was untouched and still roamed wild. I smirked and started to walk to the door, turning the knob I took a step into the warm light, and gazed upon the trees that were now lit a blaze. I could see him, in his white t-shirt standing and looking up at leaves that slowly dropped and were put out of blaze, his jeans being dark and loose. His raven hair starting to blow to the side as his tan hispanic skin glowed, Diego and Bella sat at his side until the old timer stood and walked towards me. The large hazel eyes looked into my own, he stood merely feet from me, as if asking me why was I still there? 
Taking a small step I breathed in and then out sweet fresh air, and started to run to my cousin who now was beginning to run from me. Cutting through bark and then branches, jumping over logs and streams I had the bays of a ragged and deep dog. A sweet howl rose from his snout as it was answered by a petite and high howl from the center, I smiled at this. My pup has finally learned to respond, dashing towards the noise I began to walk as I gazed again at the man that stood tall in the trees. Looking back at me he smiled, "Come on, we gotta pick some apples." 
I began to laugh as I nodded, "Yes sir."
Beginning to climb onto his back he groaned and I merely nudged him with my sneaker, starting to drop red and yellow and green apples from the trees that surrounded us. Dropping a dozen apples he pushed his shoulders and I jumped off his body, starting to make a pocket out of my sweater I put the apples inside. Letting Bella carry one by the stem and letting Diego carry another with his soft jaws we all began to walk back to the home. I could see my mother arrive in a small gray Jetta as I waved to her when she got out of the car, pointing to the house I nodded and began to walk faster to get to the kitchen. 
"I'll stay out here! Dogs need a walk." Zowie called as I kept rushing towards the house, my mother looked at me and she smiled ordering me to cut apples into slices to make a pie for Charles. I took a steel knife from a knife base, looking at my reflection I could only see my deep chocolate eyes and light brown hair that dropped farther than my shoulders. Slicing and cutting apples the time began to beat away, chimes lightened the room as my mother and I made apple pies, and then a small ham. This took the afternoon from us, and I didn't mind. My mother being in a classic base dress had short cut curly hair that shone a brown red, her eyes being green as grass lightened a room. Her face in shape of a diamond gave her a petite and beautiful frame, my father always said my mother was beautiful and when I looked at her like this I believed him. My father coming down in a classic trouser with a green dress shirt made his olive skin pop, and his brown eyes and black hair shone in humble and in honor. He wasn't absolutely fragile but my father was sweet and kind, he was wise and smart and knew most answers to all questions I asked. My brother following as he looked a complete replica of my father, he just wore a lighter trouser and a nice blue button up shirt. Zowie took the same shape as I was the only one who looked like my mother, I looked at our family as even the dogs walked in with grace. Khaos began to take place, the ham was being wrapped and pies being packed we all squeezed into a car and drove down to the house on the left. A complete replica of our own wood cabin home complete with balconies and chimney to complete the forest home, we stepped out and rang the door. 
A man with wavy raven hair answered, his blue eyes shinning as he smiled with white pure teeth, he wore a classic jean with a white t-shirt under a deep black button up. This was Vincent, his age being 16 and my brother's closest friend, along with being my own friend. He took a step to the side and welcomed us with a voice of velvet thunder, he kissed my cheek and then my mothers, shook my fathers hand and nudged my brother. Zowie walked in casually as I gripped his hand tightly and led him to the kitchen. Mrs. Strife was in the kitchen scrambling with dishes and asking her young daughter of 10 Miracle to set the table. Greeting my mother with a smile, and running into my arms for a hug, I began to help her set the table. Miracle, unlike her brother, had long gorgeous blonde hair that came down to her waist. With shinning green eyes and a pink dress she squealed and ran back to her mother, with a child's voice she said, "Alexis is gonna let me cut the pie all by myself! She said that I could momma!" 
I laughed at this, as Mrs.Strife looked back at me and I nodded, I would help Miracle, I always did. I started to look around for her sister Kelly, but as I looked to my right I saw the man that stood with no emotion. He ripped jeans to reveal his thin legs, also wearing a t-shirt that had saftey pins going through it. His black hair covered his own eyes, as his black eyes looked into my own, blowing out a ball of smoke from his pale lips he smirked at me. If I knew this was the man that killed our world, I would have killed him then...but I didn't. His murder, would be taken elsewhere, and the only thing I regret is I didn't take Charles and Ellie away from the sight of their adopted son who laughed his death...But that is more to come..This is the beginning, the day of Charles's birthday. 
The night passed, and my god family came as well with their year old daughter, she giggled and laughed and cried for warmth. She was given all around and even Miracle got to hold the baby and see life in its prier time, Miracle smiled and everyone could see the generous and careful way when she gave her back to my god mother. As the night ended we all kissed eacho ther good night and went to our own homes, yet I decided to walk. I made my way through the field and I howled at the sound of wolves in the mountains, and the owls in the trees. I looked at they sky and I could smell ash, yet I saw no flame, I walked on home and I could feel the tension in the world. Something has gone wrong, but I didn't take notice. My family and my friends were safe, and that is what mattered, the smell of ash never left. I knew this would trouble me tomorrow, but as night still fell I left it for the morning. 


© 2012 LexiSpots


Author's Note

LexiSpots
Ignore grammar, please tell me what you think, and enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012


Author

LexiSpots
LexiSpots

San Diego , CA



About
My name is Alexis and..the reason I'm writing is because I've been having weird dreams that involve my family and the friends of myself. I decided to write my dreams here, and now I'm here to let my d.. more..

Writing
Survival Survival

A Book by LexiSpots