Hollywood's style newsmakers of the year

Hollywood's style newsmakers of the year

A Story by Alice Gunson
"

Hollywood's style newsmakers of the year

"

Pre-wedding surprise

Trust Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles to take a less-travelled path than the bunch of celebrity brides this year. The fashion world swooned over a picture of her (with hubby Alan Ferguson, music video director) in a pre-wedding jumpsuit and cape riding a vintage white bicycle.

Bondage bands

Less shocking than her 'unicorn and sex toys' birthday party, but more outrageous than the red carpet appearances was Miley Cyrus' bondage-inspired dress at a gala in Los Angeles. Inspired by her recent BDSM-themed music video, perhaps?

Hollywood's style newsmakers of the year

Photo: school formal dresses

Nude shocker

Rihanna sent shock waves in a 'nude dress' this June. A fur stole and a flesh-coloured thong were the only things protecting her modesty in the see-through halter dress, embellished with no less than 230,000 crystals, which she wore at an awards night.

The new it girl

A custom-made gown that Lupita Nyong'o wore while picking up her Oscar for 12 Years A Slave became the mother of princess gowns. That red carpet appearance onwards, she went on to display classic stunners at almost every event.

Hat trick

Ridiculously youthful 40-year-old singer Pharrell Williams debuted his giant hat at the Grammys in January. The hat went on to become an iconic piece on display at a museum in New York.

Fashion highs seen in 2014

Swift makeover

The singer did away with two things she's known for �" country music and long hair �" and went from gawky girl to cool pop star in towering stilettos and designer minis. So saucy was her performance at a lingerie show, supermodel Karlie Kloss wanted her to walk the ramp as well.

Model of the moment

Kendall Jenner is threatening to overtake Cara Delevingne's status as the reigning supermodel with multiple magazine covers and naked photoshoots. She may not want to publicly associate with sis Kim Kardashian, but she seems to be taking a leaf out of her publicity-grabbing ideas.

Next style icon

Amal Alamuddin aka Mrs George Clooney is being compared to everyone from Jackie Onassis to Kate Middleton. Before, during and after her Venice wedding, she stood out in an array of statement dresses that didn't scream for attention but had their own personality.

Ramp protest

A German-born designer turned a runway show in Paris this September into a feminist protest. He had models like Kendall Jenner and Gisele Bundchen chanting and holding placards proclaiming: 'History Is Her Story', 'Women's Rights Are More Than Alright' and 'Make Fashion Not War'.

See more at Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses

© 2014 Alice Gunson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014
Tags: Hollywood's style