Chapter 1 *Unrevealing*

Chapter 1 *Unrevealing*

A Chapter by Alicka

Chapter 1 *Unrevealing*

          A few weeks later. “I don’t understand why King Philon hasn’t send words to gather more soldiers for his army?” Marc mention to Rylan. “After the attacks on our villager and other neighboring villages we should gathering all men to mobilize.”

          “I do agree, but we need to stay in here. Another attack could come, we need to gather all the men and set up patrol around Delius.” Rylan replied looking far into the distant. “I haven’t seen or talked to Sais since we found her near the river a few weeks ago. Have you?”

          “No, but I wouldn’t expected her to want to speak with us. She always keeps to herself now that everyone know that she is an energy caster, and a good fighter.” He sighed. “I’ve seen how father fought, when I was younger, and I can tell you this, Sais takes after him. I doubt if I could take her in sword fight. Dacia has been spending some time with her this past week, but she says that Sais practice’s all day long and works on her energy caster. The Royal energy casters seem to be there practicing with her”

          “Quinn and Demeric have been over there?” Rylan looked worried.

          “Yea, it seem that she enjoy there company” Marc turned his attention to two rider coming into view from the road. The riders were Quinn and Demeric; Marc made his way towards them. “Any word from King Philon?”

          Both Quinn and Demeric climb down from their horses, “Nothing to report for you two. Quinn and I are being sent up north to deal with some casters terrorizing some villages. It seems that the Fire raisers have seemed to stop for now.” Demeric tied up his horse.

          “We leave at first light, we need to pack and resupply before we go.” Quinn unhooked his satchel and throw it over his shoulder. “Marc, Rylan; have you two setup a patrol around Delius? I know you two can handle yourselves, but the people of Delius were in a bit of a shock after the attack a few weeks ago. Demeric and I won’t be long; King Philon wants us to return back to Delius after we deal with this caster up in the north. He believes that this a good location to keep us here, in the area.” Quinn head toward the local Inn.

          “Dacia says that you and Quinn have been over to Sais this past week. How is she doing?” Rylan asked.

          “Sais is doing just fine; she doesn’t talk about how she escaped from her captures, or what happened. Mostly Quinn and her practice new energy casts. You and Marc should stop by this morning if you get a chance. Quinn and I have a lot of packing to do before we leave.” Demeric followed after Quinn.

          Both Rylan and Marc looked at each other, and walked away from each other. In spite how well they worked together since the incident, they both have feeling for Sais that always seems distract them and keep them un-focus.

 

Ø  

          Sais and Arlo were gathering up fresh vegetables, and fruit in the field. Arlo stayed closed to Sais as she headed back to her little farm house. A branch snapped from behind her, Sais quickly spun around looking for whatever made the noise. “Who’s there?’ she shouted out. Arlo white fur started to prick up. “Who’s there?” she shouted again with a little more force.

          “Don’t be alarmed” Sean shouted out from a couple of trees back. His hands were raised up to show he meant no harm.

          “What are you doing here!?” looking around to make sure they were alone in the field.

          “Master Ronan sent me to bring you a message.” He pulled out a scrolled and walked over to her and placed it in her hands. “He also told me that, when the time is come he will be waiting for you to return.” Sean sighed “Sais if you need anything, send a hawk my way. I won’t be far; I’m staying in a small village just south of here. It’s my family’s home.” Sean looked around before turning around and headed back into the woods.

          Sais pulled open the scroll and started to read it, “Sean” she called out quickly.

          Sean stopped and turned around to face her. “Yes”

          “I might need you with this mission. Come with me and return to my farm house quickly, I don’t know who will be coming by this morning; both the Royal casters just left a while ago back to Delius.” Sais and Sean made their way back to the farm quickly. Sais opened the back door and closed it quickly and headed for the front door and checked the door and all the windows, and then she closed all of them, to make sure no one could peer threw them. “Alright, now that no one can see you, I know that Dacia, Marc and Rylan are the only ones that saw your face, but I wanted to make sure.” She stood in her kitchen with Sean sitting and petting Arlo behind the ears.

          “Arlo is a great looking wolf. I’m sorry, what does the mission say?” Sean looking up at her.

          “We are heading north to capture a caster, that he might know where all the Fire raiser are planning their next attacks. Also the King has sent his royal caster to retrieve this caster as well. It might be Quinn and Demeric, who are in the Delius as we speak. They are good, but Master Ronan wants us to bring him this caster before the Royal caster get him. I don’t understand why Master Ronan wants us to get him before Quinn and Demeric retrieve him. Master Ronan is working with King Philon right?”

          “Yes but things are getting a very hard, King Philon wants to killed all Fire raiser. Not all Fire raiser are evil, King Philon hatred for them is clouding his judgment. Master Ronan is working secretly work with Prince Ajax to make sure that this does not turned into another Great War that nearly destroy our kingdom in the past.” Sean pulled out a map and laid it on the table. “This map shows all the sign of where all the rebel fire raiser have started popping up and attacking for no reason. Prince Ajax believe someone in the palace is planning all this attacking on all this villages to make it look like Fire raiser, to make King Philon started another war.”

          “Who would gain anything from another Great war?” Sais looked confused.

          “I’m not sure, but we need to be cautious when we head up north. Sais how long do we have before the Royal casters head out to retrieve this caster?” Sean looked at her hard.

          “If I was Quinn and Demeric I would head out at first light. They know the north better than the south. They don’t’ need to stop. I don’t know that part of the valley. Do you?” she looked up from the map.

          “Yea I do. We should leave some time during the night. Will your cousin return tomorrow morning? We can’t have you disappear, without telling someone.” He told her.

          “Don’t worry I have a plan?” Sais smiled. “Come back at dusk, no one will be visiting me that late in the evening. I will be packed and ready to ride.”

          Sean nodded and head for the back door; He looked over his shoulder back at Sais who was studying the map, before lifting his hood up and exiting out the back door.

         

Ø  

          Not long after Sean’s departure, Dacia strolled up to Sais’s little farm house, “Sais, Sais,” she called from the path leading up to her cousin’s farm house. Sais opened the door slowly and stepped out onto the porch, looking cheerful and marvelous in a light purple sun dress.

          “Dacia, what brings you by here? You don’t have to come by every day. I can handle myself just fine. Quinn and Demeric just left a while ago back to Delius.” She smiled calmly at her.

          “I know it’s just I want some company. I wanted to ask you something. But I don’t know…” Dacia fidget with her hair before continuing, “I WANTYOU TOTEACH ME HOWTOFIGHT” she blur the words together.

          “What did you said?” Sais stood stunned for a moment, waiting for Dacia to repeat herself.

          Dacia took a deep breath and slowly repeated her words” I want you to teach me how to fight.”

          “OH no, I will not teach you how to fight. Your mother would kill me.” Sais walked off the porch toward Dacia, “Why would you want to know how to fight? Aren’t you always saying to me that what I do is un-lady like?” Sais stormed off towards the barn, with Dacia hustling after her. “The answer is No” Sais opened the barn door and didn’t look back at her cousin.

          “Give me a one good reason. Do not say my mother!” Dacia shouted at Sais after closing the barn door.

          “Fine, one good reason. I don’t think you have the discipline to follow the harsh training that comes with learning the basic of fighting.” Sais spun around and put her face in Dacia own face. “It takes time and effort I can’t just show you one day and the next you’re a fighter. It doesn’t work like that.” Sais walked away from her and headed for her secret chamber, before she reached for the latch she stopped and turned to look back at Dacia. “It scared you didn’t, being helpless?”

          “Yes, it did. I guess I can’t wait for someone to save me, I need to save myself.” Dacia mumbled.

          “Fine, but just the basics. I won’t be able to do now, I got a letter from one of my fellow classmates, she is traveling nearby and I have sent word that I would meet up with her; the following day. I must pack I’ll be gone for a few days. Can you watch Arlo for me?” Sais asked politely. Before Dacia could ask why she couldn’t take Arlo with her. “I would take him, but my friend is scared of wolves. First thing when I get back we start training.”

          Dacia thought for a moment, “Do I have to bring him home with me? Mother will disapprove of Arlo being there.”

          “No he can stay here at the farm, but you must check on him, poachers will try to catch him. Arlo is very rare. If you must you can ask” Sais paused “Rylan to stop by and check on him.” Sais held back a bit.

          “Are you still mad at him and Marc?” Dacia noticed Sais pause on Rylan name.

          “It does not matter. I must saddle my horse I will be leaving just before dusk” Sais walked over and unhooked her saddle from the wall and walked over to her horse.

          Both Sais and Dacia returned from the barn heading towards the front of the farm house when Marc rode up. Sais looked at Dacia. Dacia shrugged her shoulders and went inside the house. Leaving Sais and Marc alone, Sais walked up on the porch and leaned against one of the wood post. “Marc” she spoke angrily folding her arms a crossed her chest.

          Marc understood the tone, and slowly climbed down from his horse. “Sais I know when we found you. Rylan and I were not thinking clearly and we behaved ungentlemanly when it came to you. I’ve come here to apologize for how I acted.” He looked deeply remorseful at her.

          “How you acted? How about almost killing an innocent person who was traveling by. Neither one of you heard me tell you that my captures were no-where nearby. I lost them awhile back. I had to use my energy cast on BOTH of YOU to save that poor man that you near killed. Your heads were to wrap up on trying to save ME when I didn’t need saving!” Sais pushed off the wooden post and walked up and jab her finger into his hard muscle chest. “Have you gone to see that man? I have!” she shouted.

          Marc didn’t move, nor speak. Sais hazel eyes turned a silver color as she continued to look at Marc. After another moment she shook her head and backed away from him. “I think you should leave Marc.” She spoke softly. “I don’t know if I’m ready to have your company around me at the moment. But I do believe you are truly sorry for what happen. Good afternoon” She turned and walked away from him heading for the well. Marc nodded and saddle up and gallop back down towards Delius.

          Sais place her hand on the side of the stone wall of the well. Her eyes turned back to a silver; she was in a trance for a moment, when her cousin called from the back porch, snapping her out of a small trance. Sais turn and looked over her shoulder, “I’m fine Dacia, I’m fine” she glanced down at her hand and slowly picked it up and a scorch hand print was imbedded along the inside of the wall of the well.          “What’s happen? I’m losing control” she whispered to herself. 



© 2011 Alicka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
5 Reviews
Added on April 25, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011


Author

Alicka
Alicka

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm like read a lot of fantasy. I enjoy writing, I try to do a little research before writing anything new. I'm not great at poems, so I tend to not write any. I'm looking for great friends who can gi.. more..

Writing
No more No more

A Poem by Alicka


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alicka