Helpless

Helpless

A Story by Alishly
"

In comparison with others our situation is getting worse. But we cannot see it from their point of view.

"
In the room with white walls, there was a person with grayish skin tone. It felt like this person was nailed to the ground and wasn't moving. Suddenly someone with a soft face entered the room. This person locked eyes with the one who was standing in the middle. Both of them were looking at each other's face. This person came forward with their gentle walk and said:
- Are you cold?
- No, but I think you feel hot.
- No, you look pale! You look just like you are about to faint.
-I always look like that. But your air hurts me. Can you stay away from me a little? How many degrees are you? 
- 500 degrees Celsius- said the beautiful looking person and took a few steps away - And you?
- 430 degrees, what's your name?
- Venus. And yours?
-Mercury...
Suddenly someone the door.
-Hello is there anyone here? Hi, who are you?- Said the person and entered the room. Mercury wanted to introduce itself but the person looked at the beautiful person and said - Hey, I know you! You are Venus, right?
- How did you know that's Venus?
- Because Venus was named after the goddess of beauty.
- Yes, I am Venus. Considering the redness of your face and your passion for wars, you are Mars- Said Venus with an annoyed face.
- Yes and you...- Mars looked at Mercury- I think you entered the room first because you are the first planet, Mercury. Is this warmth coming from you?
- No, the planet that you think is beautiful fills this room with hot air.
-But that's not my fault.
Sudden wind opened the door made Venus yip annoyedly. Mars's face git even redder.
- My apologies,-  The person with the yellowish face was at the door- there is always cold air coming from me- said the person while closing the door.
-If I am not mistaken you are Jupiter. Windy planet.- Mercury started.
- Yes, that's my name. And you are the planet that spins slow, right?
Mercury gave no reaction. Then Jupiter looked at the person that turned back to Jupiter.
-And you must be Earth?
- No, you idiot, do you think Earth is red? - Mars looked at him angrily. Jupiter froze like an ice cube. Jupiter was so scared that it felt like its tongue twisted. To fix this complicated situation and this long silence Venus wanted to shook the hand with Jupiter with a smile.
- I am Venus.
- Nice to meet you.- When Jupiter was about to touch Venus's hand it suddenly jumped back.- Oh, I am sorry, I forgot how cold my hands are and that's probably bad for you.
-Don't apologize. That's me...
The door opened again and someone with big, round hat just like this planet's ring system was standing at the door.
- Can someone tell me why are we here?
-Right now no one has an answer to that. What's your name? - Said Venus with a smile
- My name is Saturn. I can also introduce myself like the Roman god of agriculture.
- Oh, I remembered, your rings shines at night. That's why in the night you shine more bright. - Jupiter realized by coming closer its air makes Saturn uncomfortable.
-Yes, you are right. I can tell that you are Jupiter because of the wind.
- Yes,- said Jupiter and moved to side feeling upset.
-Thank you for recognizing me. Of I wasn't bright...
-It would be more comfortable for everyone.-Red faced interrupted Saturn rudely.-Ok, what is this? Why are we here? One stands in the corner judges everyone inside their head, another smiles non-stop, the other tries to look smart and you are full of yourself.
-I didn't understand. Who you meant by saying "judges everyone" - finally Mercury said with loud a. Mercury stopped crossing its arms and got its hands up angrily.-And you are red, rude, idiot.
-I just like smiling Venus's voice filled the room.
-Ok, ok, stop- Jupiter didn't pay attention to anyone's words.-Everyone have different thoughts. If this fight would start it will end badly.
-Actually, Mars is right. I am confident and I am proud of it. My rings are very beautiful. And you just piece if red thing.- Said Saturn and laughed. 
Mars sighed loudly and rolled its eyed. Its hand turned into a fist.
- I think someone wants to taste my strength.
-I don't think that's necessary- Said Venus holding Mars's arm with its warm hands. - Saturn, we are happy to see you here but please control your tongue.
Even this gentle words sounded a little insulting. Saturn continued argument to shut Venus up.
-You too. You don't have anything special.
Mars felt Venus's anger. This negative emotion touched Mars. Venus was literally burning Mars's arm with its hot hands. Mars quickly moved aside, realizing what will happen next.
- If you opened your eyes wider you would able to are who I am and how I am different You don't know anything, stop speaking nonsense, 6th planet.
- I am happy to be the 6th planet. And I am glad that I don't have a neighbor like you. Ok, how are you different?
- I am named after a goddess of beauty and it has a reason. Why di you think the great artists paint a picture of me? Although it doesn't look like me she was named Venus for her beauty- Venus said last words loudly.
- Who are these humans that you respect them so much?
- Stop it, let's calm down.- Jupiter tried to calm things down 
- Don't tell us what to do 
Mars's words made Jupiter's wind turn into the tornado 
-Unlike you, I am trying to cool it down the argument, I am trying to cool it down.
- I haven't started anything 
-I fed up. What is this?- Mercury covered its ears with hand.
-I am not respecting humans. How I can respect a creature that I never met- Venus answered a question without giving attention to Mercury's words.
-In my opinion, they worth nothing. - Mars's joined the conversation. Jupiter's sigh drew Mars's attention again.
-What's wrong with you? Why are you sighing?
- You are again unsatisfied and seeing only bad things. Have you ever said anything positive in your entire life?
Mars's face had a completely indifferent look. Jupiter continued intelligently.
-Maybe these creatures are better than we thought of them.
-Oh really?! These creatures lost their mind completely. Let alone their own planet, now they started to mess with me. Imean with their stupid gadgets.- For a second everyone looked at Mars surprised and breathless.
-What? What happened? Why are look so surprised?- Said mercury taking its hands from ears and stared at everyone. But nobody answered because everyone was trying to imagine what it's like to feel something walking on you.
-Really these things scratching and bruising me. All day these robots walking on me without stopping. The second robot already got crazy, it's hitting itself to the big rock. They are making me feel discomfortable but they don't care about their actions. I know they are smart. No doubt...But their behavior... How does Earth deal with this?
-Are you saying these little, innocence creatures acting like that?- Asked Jupiter
-I think, there is nothing surprising about that.- Saturn's voice started getting on Venus's nerves again 
- Oh, of course, you don't care. Because you don't even know who are humans.- said, Mars, angrily as always.
-That's it! - Mercury's voice filled the room again - I...
The sudden squeak of the door interrupted Mercury. The person entering the room was big, tall, greenish, bluish color. After passing the door with great difficulty the person looked at everyone and sat down in the corner. The silence that came with this big person still continued. Finally, the most gentleman of them all Jupiter asked:
- What's your name?
Actually, Jupiter already guessed who was the person, but Jupiter didn't want to make a mistake and embarrass itself again. The person that sat in the corner pointed its index finger to itself with a question mark on its face 
-Yes, yes you. What's your name?
- I...I...I am Uranus.
- Uranus...- Someone said with rude voice - Are you the one who spins in the wrong direction? And its rings are newly discovered. They are pretty much unrecognizable.
Actually, it did had a thin black ring around its body. This words made Uranus even more uncomfortable and it looked at the ground silently.
-Ok, let's wait for two more planet - Said, Jupiter.
-Why only two? Let stars come - Said Mars sarcastically - maybe satellites will join us too.
-Don't speak nonsense. There are too many satellites. I am sure that Uranus has the most satellites. 
Everyone looked at the same time to the corner that was sitting in the corner. Jupiter asked Uranus:
-How many satellites do you have?
-I...I...um..sixteen. 
-Wait a minute, you are wrong. I have more satellites than all of you.
At this moment Venus loudly sighed to words of Saturn who thinks it's better than everyone else. Venus didn't have any words to say. Saturn didn't pay attention and continued:
- Which one do you think is a bigger number 16 or 23? - Saturn could not control its anger towards Jupiter.
-Ok, sometimes I make mistakes. All I wanted to say is there is not enough space for all satellites.
And again the damn door opened. This time someone looking completely blue was standing at the door. It looked at everyone with a scowling face, then the person smiled and entered the room. The person's walk and confident laugh made it look drunk. As soon as the person entered the room filled with cold air.
-I can see from your looks that you are interested in me. I am very cold because I am the last planet - the person said with a wide smile- Anyways, my name is Neptune- Said the person and laughed loudly again.
-Why are you laughing? - Venus asked with a confused face.
- I am in a good mood. Which one of you is Uranus?
Everyone looked at the corner silently. Neptune looked at there too.
-Yes, you. You always cover everything in front of me. But it is fine. We were born like that. Anyways. I know one planet...- said Neptune while raising its finger in the air. Everyone looked at it with growing interest. - This planet is weirdly from us. - Neptune continued. It has a life. Unlike us, this planet is helpless and controlled by someone.
-Logically only one planet that didn't come and that's Earth. Why do you think is helpless? -Asked confused Jupiter.
-Because its top layer getting worse. I forgot their names... What are they called? Um...Their names...
-Humans?-Suggested Jupiter.
-Yes.Yes! -Again started laughing - I might be wrong, but I think they are the biggest punishment for a planet...
-See! See! I told you. Jupiter, you were the wrong again.- Mars's smiled with revenge.
-Where do you know this information about humans? - Mercury asked with curiosity.
-Although I am the smallest planet, my ears can listen very well. - Neptune smiled again.
-We can't be sure. Only Earth knows that. It's the third planet and right now it is not here. That's suspicious and I am worried.- Said Venus.
-May...be..it's...just...late...-Uranus spoked quietly while looking to the ground. 
-This late? Everyone is already here.
-Maybe something we all scared of has happened?-Neptune rose its head and tried to look serious.
-What? What do you mean? - Mars came closer.
Neptune started laughing again. The sudden loud squeak of quickly opening door stopped the laughing noise. The room filled with squeak's eco. Everyone looked with shook face at the person at the door who barely could stand. From this horrible view, their eyes started watering. The scene that they always used to imagine was live in front of their eyes. The person growled forward and stood on its knees. It put its head down. Everyone quickly stepped away from it because there was black smoke coming out if its head. Its one arm was cinder and other's skin were peeling so it was possible to see its read meat. Planet's hair was messy and its clothes were torn. Other planets covered their noses because of the intense trash smell. Suddenly the person on its fours rose its head. The image that all planets saw will never be erased from their memory. The planet's tears were red. Blood was dripping from its cheeks.
-Who are you?- Shouted Mercury.
-Ear...Earth.
-What happened to you?
-Why do you smell like that?
-Why your skin burnt?
-Look, you can see its meat.
-Your head is burning.
-Why your clothes are torn?
Everyone started asking questions. Even Uranus who was sitting quietly in the corner came closer and said 
-Your...eyes...are...are...bleeding.
-I...I...I am...destroyed...I...tried...to...bear...It's...over...Earth...is...falling...apart...I'm...dying...They...They...
-Who did it to you? Why they treated you like this?- Mars who always talked angrily started sounding gentle and soft. 
Earth looked at them with lifeless eyes and whispered:
-Hu...Humans...did..it.-And fell to the ground.

© 2018 Alishly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on September 4, 2018
Last Updated on September 4, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, story, helpless, planets

Author

Alishly
Alishly

Baku, Azerbaijan



About
I am 16 years old. My hobby is to read and understand the meaning of books. While reading books I like to pay attention to authors' style and the moral of the books. That's why I am very thankful.. more..

Writing
Meaningless Meaningless

A Story by Alishly


Number 2 Number 2

A Story by Alishly


White fog. White fog.

A Story by Alishly