Romantic Moments

Romantic Moments

A Story by Pencil in His Hand
"

Romance can be found in ordinary moments.

"
Romantic Moments



"I just don't know don't know if I can take it anymore, Mom. Did you have the same trouble with Dad?"
"In the beginning. But after a while, I learnt to accept Dad as he was, Lyddie, and that no amount of nagging would change him."
Lyddie pulled a face. Mom would say something like that.
"But he did change."
"Yes, but that was God's doing. I can't take any credit for it. I prayed of course; and kept on loving him and helping him. God did the rest."
"Well, I sure hope that Tim comes right soon." They chatted for a little longer, then Lyddie ended the call when baby Zara woke from her nap. She couldn't help smiling as she cuddled the chubby infant. Zara was such a bright spot in her day. If only Tim would be the husband she needed. She thought over her mother's words. Her parents marriage was good and strong now, but things had been pretty tough in the early years. Lyddie's Dad had been a drinker. Miraculously, he had stopped, and her parent's marriage was flourishing, but what about hers?
♡♡♡

Later that evening, as Lyddie got Zara ready for bed in her little room, Tim came in, carrying a bottle. He took a sip, then handed it to her. "That should hit the spot." Lyddie thanked him, and popped the bottle in Zara's mouth. Tim's tired eyes brightened at the sight. He left the room quietly, and went to the kitchen. The dishes were waiting.

He returned to the nursery, just as Lyddie was settling Zara in her cot. "I made you tea." Lyddie looked into her husband's eyes and her world suddenly came into focus. She'd been complaining that there was no romance left in her marriage, but she had a husband who made her tea, and washed the dishes. Not to mention, the strongest drink he touched was coffee.

♡♡♡

The next day, Lyddie dialled her Mom's number during nap time.
"For the record mom, I just want to say, Tim is the most romantic husband."
"Oh?"
"Yes, he is. A man who brings you tea every morning and every night is pure gold."

♡♡♡


© 2023 Pencil in His Hand


Author's Note

Pencil in His Hand
Any comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on August 3, 2023
Last Updated on August 3, 2023
Tags: #inspirational, #romance, #love

Author

Pencil in His Hand
Pencil in His Hand

Velddrif, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I'm Alison, a self-published writer from South Africa. I write mainly short stories and poetry. I have written a couple of novellas and novelettes as well as a children's story. My preferred genre is .. more..

Writing