Fred and Oliver

Fred and Oliver

A Story by Zoey Magat

When this old man gets home, he is welcomed by this young boy he thought of to be a homeless teenager breaking into his house, not knowing that this was his caretaker. As soon as he was about to get his baton and hit this boy, that young boy introduced himself with the lines of “Hello Mr.Fred! I am Oliver! I am the caretaker that was hired by your son." and the old man replied, "I don’t expect you to take care of me, because it looks like you can’t even carry a single pinch of salt, I can take care of myself. Why’d you even care to apply for this job?" In disbelief that a kid would take care of him, he then removed his cowboy hat putting it by a hat stand and starred into the eyes of Oliver for as long as he could. This was his trick for playing mind games and to also make him very uncomfortable, as his thoughts say “I’d rather be taken care of by the devil rather than be taken care of by a stick”. Oliver, knew that courage would be the only upside against this grandpa, and so he did not stare back but rather he just went to the table and he made coffee for Fred. With silence he displayed courage, but with action he let Fred knew that he wasn't bothered by his mind games at all. So Fred was also in silence, astonished.

© 2018 Zoey Magat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good start. Keep writing!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on July 23, 2018
Last Updated on July 23, 2018
Tags: shorty story, passage, imagery, characterization, creative writing

Author

Zoey Magat
Zoey Magat

Quezon city, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Album Album

A Story by Zoey Magat