Animalis Art

Animalis Art

A Poem by Amduscia

I beheld the leopard, and, lo, it was beautiful and graceful; and the glowing eyes, and they had no stain...

I beheld the kingly lions, and, lo, they roared, and all the hills moved to and fro as a fleeting pain...

And all the ravens of the skies were fled...

I beheld, and, lo, the tigers leafy home was a green paradise, and all the creatures thereof were broken down at the presence of the tigers, and before the fierce anger that flamed within their eyes...

For thus saith the tigers husky growl unto the creatures that attend : "The whole Amazon shall be My banquet, yet will I not make a full end"...

For this shall the prey mourn, and the prey above be blackened, and forever fear the darkness of every dawn, because the Kings of the Animal Kingdom have spoken it, and purposed it...

And the Kings have not repented, neither will they turn back from it...

Every city of prey fleeth for the mighty noise of the Kings and their fierce flocks...

They go into the deep-green thickets, and climb up upon the jagged rocks...

Every city of prey is forsaken, and not a creature dwelleth therein, for they are all utterly taken...

© 2015 Amduscia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Although it may well seem so, nature does do a wonderful act of balance.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015

Author

Amduscia
Amduscia

Writing
Holy Hearts Holy Hearts

A Poem by Amduscia


My Demon My Demon

A Poem by Amduscia