Prologue/Chapter 1

Prologue/Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amie Rose
"

Read author's note first.

"
              Is it really possible to feel so scared and distraught but you find you're at your safest? That's what it's like being apart from you. I can't bear to be without you, yet when I am with you ... painful and unimaginative things happen. I wouldn't wish them upon anyone.
              I'm at home, I've been here all day. Waiting. You left at eight this morning to get to work for nine. I was safe... for a little while; until you get back at six. Then everything changes. Hell breaks from the seams it's kept in and violates my life. My whole world comes crashing down and the shards splayed from it scar my skin. The memories never cease to fade and haunt me whenever I close my eyes.
              It's winter, the days are shorter. So by 5:45 the sun was hiding away and the misty black sky revealed itself. Darkness... night... you. I was perched on the tall silver bar stool, clutching a mug of coffee, not realizing it was stone cold. Anxiously, I awaited your arrival. I stare. Straight at the clock, I stare. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The sound of the second hand echoes through my ears. I thought I could hear nothing else but the seconds hand ticking away. That was until, I heard it. 
              I heard the distinct noise of your keys being turned in the lock. Inside, my heart was beating as fast as helicopter wings in full flight. My eyes darted everywhere, failing to focus on one object, knowing all too well how this night would plan out. I could hear the roatation your hand was forcing upon the metal cut outs. Waiting. I do that a lot I suppose. I was waiting for the slight "click" The click which would announce your presence about to enter the house. Click. The fun was about to begin.


© 2012 Amie Rose


Author's Note

Amie Rose
Not finished yet ... just need a rough idea of what you guys think so far? Prologue or chapter?!??!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really amazing! I want to read on! When you finish it, put it on! :) I think after the '5:45' you should put am/pm so the reader understands what part of day it is. But its amazing, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012


Author

Amie Rose
Amie Rose

United Kingdom



About
I am a teen with a passion for writing. My name is Amie-Rose, yes double barrel :) I've been writing all sorts since I was about 5, ever since I was in a house fire. I found writing a way to release w.. more..

Writing