Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amie Rose

              I couldn't wait for this to be over. The door handle made no sound. His cold hands pushed the door open, leving behind the soft sound of a creak. I was directly in his line of sight, I knew it.

              He was in my peripheral vision, I could see a slight smile playing at his lips. In his left hand I noticed a black breifcase. Something about this breifcase... It was different. It was different to the one he had this morning. This one had gold lettering on the front saying "Whethermorn Incorporated" Then underneath that, in the same gold lettering were the initials P.C.R. This stood for Parker Cameron Rods, the man which just walked through the front door.

             The suit he wore, perfectly fitted him. Mainly because he had it fitted by the suit makers up on North Street. They made a nice grey suit for him which went well with his crisp white shirt. To add to this look, he had a silver-grey tie which matched the colour of his blazer and trousers but had just a bit more shine to it. On his feet h wore the most blackest of shoes, made by the Italians. Of course. I could tell his brown with a hin of gold hair was just a bit more flat than how it was before he left. He styles it with gel and produces the messy, rough look. His blue eyes looked just right today. Excellently hiding the secret. This look made the perfect lie.

              Slowly, he made his way past the stairs to his right and down the hallway. He was taking his time, making this as painful as it could be for me. He enjoyed this. He enjoyed my pain. Can he smell fear? If he can he obivously smelt mine, the smile that played at his lips was now a gigantic grin. I could have sworn I hear a slight chuckle escape his lips... It took him 9 steps to reach the end of the hallway, to reach the kitchen. To reach me. I didn't dare move a muscle. I had to wait. I had to wait until it was safe to move. I had to wait fo his approval.

 

 

"Hello my beauty," he said, almost in a mocking way.

 

I stayed quiet. Who knows what's going to trigger it today, trigger his rage. When I didn't reply he said,

 

"Not in a talking mood today ey?"

            

              Again, I stayed quiet. I glanced at my coffee cup and noticed my knuckles were turning white. I continued to look straight ahead out of the floor-to-ceiling windows. I could see him moving closer. The sound of his footsteps changing as he stepped off the laminate flooring and onto the tiling.

 

"Ah well, you will be later," he snickered.

 

              He walked comfortably to stand in front of me, carefully placing his breifcase on the table. From here, I could smell his after shave. Surprisingly, still fresh. He turned to me, an innocent look on his face. He was searching mine, I knew it. I risked looking up to meet his gaze. That's when he commented,

 

"Now that's better," he smiled.

"I can see my angel's gorgeous eyes now,"

 

              I continued to stare up at him. I should have felt intimidated. I should have been scared. I should have felt frightened but instead, I felt nothing because I knew the best was yet too come. I just stared, no smile, no words. Nothing. I just stared. Something changed in his face. His expression changed, he became irritated. Probably because he knew he was getting nothing out of me, not this time. No smile, no words.

 

"You can move now," he approved.

 

I greatly took this chance to quickly stand up and scurry over to the kitcen sink where I washed up and rinsed my cup. The only sound in the room was of hot water clashing against china. As I lay my cupon the drainer, I turned to see him sorting through papers on the bar area located in the middle of the kitchen where I just was.

 

"Curiosity killed the cat," he smiled, "My beauty."

 

He didn't even move his head away from his papers. Nervously, I glanced away. I tuned around to face my body in the direction my head wanted to go, which was into the open-plan living room. All around the house were these floor-to-cieling windows. I thought to myself,

"How can this house be so open to the outside, yet no one really knows what goes on inside?"

 

 



© 2012 Amie Rose


Author's Note

Amie Rose
Tell me what you think. Any spelling mistakes would be my laptop keyboard XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012


Author

Amie Rose
Amie Rose

United Kingdom



About
I am a teen with a passion for writing. My name is Amie-Rose, yes double barrel :) I've been writing all sorts since I was about 5, ever since I was in a house fire. I found writing a way to release w.. more..

Writing