The Guy Vs Girls Syndrome

The Guy Vs Girls Syndrome

A Chapter by Arielle Ann

She could not understand what was wrong with her husband. He was unceasingly turning irritable, exploding at the most trifling of matters and he was often grumbling, brooding and usually transforming himself into a state of absent mindedness.

                      

A guy's behavior is very complex; people take female to be the weaker sex but maybe, in my opinion, a guy's emotional state is in a much more vulnerable state than a woman. I am not comparing emotions of the two genders; emotions depend upon an individual, not on the sex, emotions make a human being..., what I am trying to implicate is their degree of emotional tolerance. Woman have  since time immemorial been subjected to the atrocities of society, agony of childbirth, responsibility of motherhood, duties to her husband, pain of separation from her home after marriage and all other such sacrifices; thus inflicting upon them an inborn sense of tolerance. Woman is hence considered the symbol of patience rightly.Morever to add, a woman when in distress can cry her heart out in front of her friends, parents or partner; she can speak about her tales of anguish, thus rendering her with a much lighter mood than she was originally.

 

But what about a guy? He has been taught to be a man right from his childhood;"don’t cry son, are you a girl?" or "come on, be a man...shame on you" or "come, lets go, have a fight”. This is what a guy is exposed to all his life. Tears and weakness makes him a subject of ridicule in front of his mates, an object of shame to his girlfriend or a man without guts or the courage to face life to his wife. A man is the head of the family, how can he break when we all need him? But do we ever realize that the sense of a lovelorn kid, a want for care, a longing to weep on someone's shoulder maybe present in him too, might be that need is more than us. He is apt to handling situations, no doubt, but sometimes he too needs a supporting hand.

 

Do we realize that a man's sense of commitment (if it is seriously given) or his sense of selfless love (once it is truly expressed to someone) is more lasting than a woman? Does not it show their strong emotional need?

 

A guy learns to conceal his emotions right from the days of kindergarden.Morever what primarily holds back a man from expressing himself completely or letting himself surrender to his sorrow is his ego, his mask of self respect and strength which he is forced to carry all through his life. He is like the leaning tower of Pisa, wanting to topple over someone at least for once but alas, held back by force, yet once again! His hesitation to disclose his weakness in front of others and the increasing pressure which the buried thoughts accumulating through time exerts on him, turns him into an incessantly irritable person. Very rarely a lucky man can find someone over whom he can lean to for support and empty himself completely. For that it is necessary for the partner to know him ;love alone does not suffice; what matters is deep involvement, keen observation and patient understanding.....because force cant make a man yield to you; it is only with true devoted love ,utmost care and commitment that one can make a man completely her own- mentally and emotionally.



© 2010 Arielle Ann


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Men and woman are becoming closer in emotion. Wasn't for children. Woman would be as cold as a man. New world make a woman work and try to survive. New world take from family and happiness. Need two jobs to break even. I have six sisters. Coldness can come to both sexes. We must slow down and appreciate the family and the people willing to be with us. A very good opening chapter. Open the door to a great discussion.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010


Author

Arielle Ann
Arielle Ann

Bangalore, India



About
I thought I saw the rainbow, I believed I viewed the sunshine, I conceived the breeze with promises anew, With a faith that was firm and prayers divine. But; Why the clouds obscure so lovely th.. more..

Writing