Waterfalls

Waterfalls

A Poem by Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"
"

Rushing waters bring clarity to life in the beginning and even in the end....

"

 

-No words spoken
Deep breathes taken
Are yours not mine
So be careful
 
-Endless glares into
My heart and soul
Will burn you if
You touch
 
-Memories of love’s
First encounters and
Pain from failures
Are now yours
 
-Waterfalls sweeping
Heartbeats under water
Until the bubbles die
Smooth waters I see
 
-Rushing waters touch
My ears with peace
As I swim toward
The light above
 
-To start over I
Shall be reborn
Into this world
A new soul
 
-Feel my energy
As I enter your
Heart and smother
Your soul forever
 
-Waterfalls-
 
 
 

© 2008 Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M@
I agree with TL Boehm, there's powerful baptism imagry in here, along with water:fire::blue:red::peace::passion immagry as well. I get the feeling that pain is displaced and replaced with pleasure through an outside source, be that force God, a loved one, a significant other, etc. I also get the feeling that in order to turn one's pains into joys also requires a reliquishment of self to the forces around you, so that a true reborn process is performed, rather than a replacement of a smile in place of a frown. Very nicely done, you have a knack of being able to touch on multiple issues with few words, simple word choice, and simplistic imagry that is fairly easy to interpret (though I could be completly wrong on my analysis).

However, with the lack of punctuation throughout this piece, I found it difficult to read, insofar as I wasn't too sure where to pause or keep reading. A lack of punctuation is fine as it remains a stylistic choice of the author, but it was still confusing as some lines could be read as a continuous thought, where as others may have read better if a slight break was taken at the end of the line.

Well done, I enjoy reading your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


beautifully written...reminds me of a baptism of sorts.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderful write, enjoyed every word....was such a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2008

Author

Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"
Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"

Bright souls have no certain destination and the moon got lost last night



About
Do we really have to "tell all" for one to be a friend? I am not like most of the writers here at the cafe. I have not been writing for very long and actually started only a short time ago after my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..