mirror

mirror

A Poem by Anell A
"

The many things a mirror is

"
A reflection of what stands before me is on my wall.
The reflection I see doesn't seem different at all.
It will appear in your house or car, you can not escape.
Maybe it's evident in something you hate.
What it shows is what you are.
Lean in, pay attention. The replica is not far.
Does it please you? What you see, when it looks you in the eye right back?
If no, then it's time to improve in what you lack.
If yes, spectacular. you are on the right path in life.
Make sure you keep those seeds nourished morning, noon, and night.

© 2021 Anell A


Author's Note

Anell A
What do you think of this piece of writing? What sort of emotions or thoughts did it evoke? I would love honest feedback; good or bad. Thank yo!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this piece. It speaks to our vanities but also hints of something deeper in the reflection we see. Mirrors to me have always been something more than what they are simply used for. They represent the unvarnished truth. One that we can't hide from, and we ignore at our own peril.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I guess when I think about it, there are often times in the mirror when I look at myself and think "I look fine". Other times, I might think "jeez, do I feel ugly today?". Maybe it's a matter of mood. When looking in the mirror, it allows your physical form to see you for what you are on the surface, but it allows your soul, your inner self, to reflect on how you feel deep inside. At least, that's how I perceive things.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I love this piece, it’s such a spot on piece that clicks together amazing at the end. Mirrors are so many things and I love that this particular one is about taking care of yourself and finally trying to love yourself. A brilliant piece and lesson. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful day.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Anell A

2 Years Ago

Thank you! this was one thing I was trying to convey. Mirrors are many things that are reflections .. read more
A mirror allows us not only to see a physical reflection but also a reflection on what is on the inside as well.
Sylvia Plath's poem "Mirror" seems to be about an older woman looking into her mirror and being upset with her aging appearance...but Plath died at 30, never had the chance to get old....if indeed her poem was autobiographical, we could conclude that she did not like the person she saw....the person inside.
I like the positiveness of your piece...and I like the slant rhyme towards the end of it.

j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I like this piece. It speaks to our vanities but also hints of something deeper in the reflection we see. Mirrors to me have always been something more than what they are simply used for. They represent the unvarnished truth. One that we can't hide from, and we ignore at our own peril.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2021
Last Updated on December 4, 2021
Tags: inspiration, mirrors, reflect, self reflection

Author

Anell A
Anell A

About
I am a story teller, an empath and an entertainer. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..