"Coming Home..."

"Coming Home..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Thoughts brought by msharma "Poor on Roads".

"

I wander the world… often - alone now.  Following paths and events, happenings as they affect people …the people that share our existence and deal with their own as well …best as they can.  Here and every …other… “here”, world-wide.  Hunger is always and ever a basic issue, being out of the weather as well.  Being cold and wet sucks - if ya been THERE, well, ya know; and if not, well, ya know too.. 

 

Money IS more often only a means to an end - few have more than basic needs.  Money matters in the ways it need be spent to provide for care and welfare …of family and sometimes even friends.  Many societies are lost in status - products and styles.  “Manufactured needs” - “Pretties” as I call them that really don’t matter except as social “feel-goods”.   “Pretties that make the me’s better than so many of the “you’s” that surround them” - least in their perceptions and sad minds.  Some “pretties” you couldn’t even pawn for more than a bare pennies-on-the-dollar fraction of the retail (even when on sale) price.  It's always perceptions that drive people, sigh.

 

Last eve I read (listened) to a newly arrived Poetess - India-based.  Msharma - her name - real or pseudo I don’t know… her work “Poor on Roads” (at Writer’s Café) brought to mind several “news” pieces I had followed as this pandemic grew and other events (Locusts, drought, floods) combined on the world stage to affect people in marginal situations.  People deeply rooted in societal events that had no means to otherwise deal and had to uproot and move or return to other places to have even a bare chance at survival.  Survival - not continue to acquire …“pretties”… and social smiles.  She described them as “poor” and yes, they ARE …poor, but that doesn’t take their heart and humanity from them - only all the others can do that.

 

 

“Coming Home…”

 

As we grow - we leave home

to find our own paths

futures,

to build lives

families of our own.

 

Our paths take us far afield,

through life

to life.

 

Sometimes events

- like our present -

overshadow all that is

and could be

and we need

NEED

to return to our roots

for strength,

guidance,

…even nurturing ‘cause we hurt so -

hurt so physically,

emotionally,

socially,

and sometimes even existence

…our own existence… is threatened.

 

It's too easy

getting caught up in our own

…fears…  to not be aware

of life

of other’s existences

of even how they

get caught up in their …fear.

 

So many are so lost today...

and the tears are just so much … rainfall

…and even souls drown.

 

Chris

© 2020 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel Free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear friend
The pen picture presented by you means a lot."Coming Home", signifies all the efforts to reach the destination whatever be the present state .The message is very straight forward that it is the "needs" that make us do so.The last stanza thus sums it up more powerfully. Very well written.
Thankyou so much .

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

3 Years Ago

Your words brought our humanity back into focus... I'm glad I found your words to listen to.



Reviews

ก�™รเขียนแบบพิเศษมันทำให้ฉันรู้สึกแย่จริงๆ


Posted 3 Years Ago


Powerful and honest words written Chris. The world is messy and the children are confused. I saw a few bad years. 1977-1980, USA fell on her a*s and we got-up. Vietnam wars years. You and I have seen plenty. I pray the coronaviras won't get more deadly. I know it will. The children want free lunches and free money. The money will run out. Time for us to get stronger. I enjoyed your words and thoughts and I keep going forward. My family working together trying to survive the coming days. Have some fun and be safe my friend.

Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

Wise and real thoughts... be safe.
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Have some fun and be safe my friend.
Dear friend
The pen picture presented by you means a lot."Coming Home", signifies all the efforts to reach the destination whatever be the present state .The message is very straight forward that it is the "needs" that make us do so.The last stanza thus sums it up more powerfully. Very well written.
Thankyou so much .

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

3 Years Ago

Your words brought our humanity back into focus... I'm glad I found your words to listen to.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2020
Last Updated on July 25, 2020
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sun and moon Sun and moon

A Poem by Tina