Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Davy Galloway

The young king, Cath, sat on his throne and listened to David, the trainer of his personal guard. David had been trying to him to let a young girl join his personal guard for the greater part of an hour now and he was getting quite tired of hearing David talk. "Why should I trust this girl to protect me?" Cath asked as David paced around the room. "I've been training her sir and she's the best. Better than the best. Her talents can't go to waste and she's supposed to ship out with a legion tomorrow. She'll be wasted out there she needs to be placed here. She would risk her life to save you I know she would," David plead for the tenth time. "There's many reasons she can not be in the guard, one she's a girl, two she's young, and three you can't try to keep her here because you decided to pursue a relationship with her," He replied calmly to David who seemed to be infuriated by this response. "I am not in a relationship with her I am looking out for your well being and of this kingdom's. This girl is smart and her inventions could take this kingdom's armies to the next level if you would just give her a chance to prove herself to you. You would not regret it if you did," David was filled with determination but Cath had grown tired of this debate. "I'll give her a chance but one slip up and she's dead. One tiny error and she's beheaded. Are you willing to risk her life for this?" This was a bold statement by Cath but it did not shake David in the slightest. "I am willing to take that risk," David said calmly but did not look too pleased by it. "Good. Bring her to the party tonight so she can meet the people she'll be working among, but you might want to warn her that they are not the most welcoming bunch. Have her start tomorrow. If she's to be part of my guard she is not getting any breaks to adjust and she is to be working just like every other solider. Is that clear?" Cath said as he walked towards the door. "Yes sir" David replied somewhat happily now that he had gotten what he wanted. Cath strolled out of the room and headed towards his bedrooms already regretting his decision. 


© 2019 Davy Galloway


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on October 4, 2019
Last Updated on October 4, 2019