The girl

The girl

A Chapter by Davy Galloway

She crouched balanced on the beams in the ceiling and watched as David argued with the king. She was positioned far behind the king's chair and from the height she was up all she could see were their blurred figures. She regretted not putting her contacts in but she had been too lazy this morning. She wondered what the king looked like, he wasn't wearing his formal wear at the moment and had on a black hoodie and a hat so she couldn't even tell what color his hair was. She didn't even bother trying to focus on what he looked like she was more interested in what they were saying. She knew that at this distance she would struggle to hear them so she pulled out a device that she had been working on. she turned it on and plugged her headphones into it. Once her headphones were in she could hear what they were saying clearly and she was glad she brought this device. As David tried to convince the king to let her stay the minutes continued to past and she began to lose hope. It had been about forty-five minutes and no decision had been made. She knew that the chance of him letting her into the guard was very slim but she also knew that the king trusted David and could possibly be swayed by him. Her legs were starting to ache from being crouched like this. Slowly she stood up allowing the blood to circulate in her legs again but as she stood up her headphones were ripped out of her ears she panicked as they swung down and made a small clinking noise as they hit the metal beam. The king and David looked over her way and she froze. She was hidden by the shadows and hoped that they didn't investigate further. She could see David nod his head and she knew that he knew she was there. The king turned his head back to David and she figured that he just passed it off as one of the noises that this castle made. She quickly grabbed her headphones and put them back in in time to hear Cath say "Are you willing to risk her life for this?" and David responding "Yes sir," and she was once again frozen. She didn't know weather or not to be happy that she was staying or scared that her life was now on the line. She contemplated her emotions and was snapped out of it when the doors slammed and she looked up to realize the king and David were gone. Until she looked down and saw David staring up at her. "You really are trying to get yourself killed aren't you? Spying on the king? Really? He could have you killed for that? After all I've risked for you? Get to your room I need to figure out a way to make you presentable for this party," and then he left the room. "What party" she wondered to herself and then slowly made her way off the beam and headed to her room. 


© 2019 Davy Galloway


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on October 4, 2019
Last Updated on October 4, 2019