Theism and egocentrism

Theism and egocentrism

A Chapter by Lucipher

Human race like any other member of the animal realm has grown to be cooperative with its own race, and to be hostile towards anything that’s not human. More than recognizing its difference with the other forms of life on Earth, humanity pictures itself as the highest level of conscience in Nature, which leaves the responsibility to mold it to its ideals. But facing the coldness and the chaos that rules its reality, mankind chose to lighten that burden by assigning the responsibility and the title of absolute conscience to a greater kind of being. Having to admit its inferiority to something, it made that thing so great that its mere existence transcends the human comprehension. Thus theism is the mere expression of humanity’s paradoxically high opinion of itself, it is also the conclusion that humanity should embrace its eternal powerlessness towards the laws of nature, and accepted it �" the greater thing that makes nature be what it is. Some might see arrogance in the will of making a pact with nature (nature, its laws or the superior being that controls it), an arrogance that makes humans assume that as a superior race, they might be able to escape the chaos that moves nature, and that nature itself is made for the sake of their wellbeing, or their existence. Christianity affirms that God made mankind at his image, but in fact, mankind made for itself a god that fitted its pride.



© 2016 Lucipher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016


Author

Lucipher
Lucipher

Rabat, Morocco



About
Free thinker that belives in the misleadingness of evidence. more..

Writing