The essence of beauty

The essence of beauty

A Chapter by Lucipher

Beauty has always ruled on humans’ behavior, as even if it is totally subjective, it undeniably improves the value of the thing that possesses it. What’s beautiful about beauty is that it triggers positive feeling without physical contact or possession, the only sight or the thought of the beautiful is delightful, which makes beauty one of the only things that separates happiness from its physical, primitive dependence, that’s what humanity likes to believe anyway… Beauty has taken a big role in natural selection, as symmetry or harmonious proportions have been the signs of both a good health and good genetics. As a matter of fact, the humans that had a precise set of beauty standards were attracted to healthier mates; therefore beauty became associated to fertility and a better passing of their genes.

Statistics have proven that more beautiful people had more chances to be successful in life than less beautiful ones. Also we can feel it in our lives: we are more likely to sympathize with a beautiful person than with an ugly one, that’s just how mankind has grown. So the illusion of the “beauty of beauty” is just the representation of a better genetic heritage and, therefore, a better social status. The same rule applies on objects and ideas, as the most rare or wanted ones are the most valuable.



© 2016 Lucipher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016


Author

Lucipher
Lucipher

Rabat, Morocco



About
Free thinker that belives in the misleadingness of evidence. more..

Writing