Memory in the Sand

Memory in the Sand

A Poem by AngelousXenmai

The sun was bright and the blue sky was more beautiful than anyone could ever imagine. You smiled at me while getting sand all over your little feet and I just smiled back and stroked your hair. We laid a sheet made of wool on the sand and counted how many clouds were in the sky, and even made guesses what they were looked like. Was it Heaven? No, was it paradise? No, it was there and now, so we fell asleep in each others arms. I woke up and saw you smiling in from the water, so fine-looking and pure. If love was a chalice, I would drink to my hearts content and beg for more. When the sun went down and the stars where shinning so bright, we built a camp fire and started counting grains of sand, because each piece was from another time and memory. We began to kiss passionately to our intoxicating scents and made soft love to the sound of the ocean. I laid my head on your gentle stomach and could have sworn I heard their voices, so I took a glance at the night sky and saw a shooting star, was is for us? It was a recording for our lovely memory. Neither words nor music could ever describe how much I love and cherish you, because without you, there wouldn’t be a reason for me to be.

© 2010 AngelousXenmai


Author's Note

AngelousXenmai
A short poem dedicated to my fiance, because she is my everything and reason for living.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on March 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 14, 2010

Author

AngelousXenmai
AngelousXenmai

Elizabeth, NJ



About
My name is Christopher Bottge and I am twenty two years old. I was born and raised in Port Elizabeth, New Jersey, where I attended Elizabeth High School and completed my academic courses in mid-spring.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Poem by AngelousXenmai