FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by ReallynL
"

Chapter four of A Rosebud in Resin

"
      "I have a bad feeling about this." The scout said to himself as he peered through a pair of binoculars and silently observed an apartment lot a few blocks away from him. At just three storeys below him, a huge crowd of people were busily going about their businesses at the bustling market place. None of them knew what was coming and neither did any of them had the least bit idea that death was already standing right behind their backs, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
      "How was the target?" A woman's voice crackled from the scout's receiver.
      "Negative visibility Sir. Target has entered a residential apartment lot T-minus three minutes ago and has not yet left the vicinity." The scout replied as he scratched his left butt cheek. He'd been on the lookout since a certain anonymous tip about a possessed negro walking around the south-eastern border of Leyogàn reached the organization's Intel branch in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. After confirming the authenticity of the tip, several agents were deployed to capture not only the possessed Haitian but also a bigger fish that was supposed to rendezvous with him if the tip's second half was true. Across the streets, dogs suddenly howled as the other animals started to panic, as if expecting a huge calamity to occur in any moment.
      BOOM! A big explosion on the right wing of the apartment that the possessed Haitian entered confirmed the scout's doubts of the operation's safety.
      "What in the Hell-" The scout dropped his binoculars in shock and disbelief.
      "Code Black! I repeat, Code Black. Requesting for immediate back-up at area 726, 354. His voice was shaking as he saw the ominous black flames spreading out like wildfire from the explosion's point of origin.
      The ground around the scout started to violently shake. People were screaming and running for their lives as their homes quickly crumbled and reduced to rubles.
      "GAAHHH!" The scout was only able to scream before the humming ground below his feet split and swallowed him whole. The last thing he saw were two black hawk choppers flying above him and heading for the target.

~~~~~

      "Can you hear it mister? The lovely song of mother Earth's wrath mingled with the cries for help of those pathetic humans are music to my ears." The entity that looked like Tasha spoke as he stretched his arms wide, as if basking in the glory of chaos and destruction. Mr. Aron kept on screaming and writhing in anguish as the black flames burned him to his very core. Fear had slowly eaten away his will and only the contractor's essence was left to suffer the excruciating pain of the Nightmare Flames.
      "Its quite insulting for a lowly pawn such as yourself to even attempt to kill me. But I have to give you credit for killing that lecherous witch who kept me sealed away for all those years." The entity looked back at the badly scorched coal-black corpse of his mother and clutched his stomach.
      "Ya' know, I've been kept at bay for a long time and all this ordeal is making me hungry." In the blink of an eye, the entity was already standing in front of Mr. Aron, whose body was forced to kneel on its own like a marionette's doll. All it took was a simple stroke from the boy's hand.
      "Any last words?" The entity asked the possessor with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
     "It seems that I have underestimated the possibility of your awakening, son of prince Amaimon." The possessor replied with a chuckle. "But I think that you've forgotten the fact that demons can't die."
     
"Oh, I didn't say anything about killing you..." The entity said, slightly amused at the notion of someone whose about to disappear soon. "You're going to be my food"


© 2011 ReallynL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on January 30, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2011


Author

ReallynL
ReallynL

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
Hi, Im Reallyn. And just like almost everyone here, I love to write stories. I'm a pre-med Biology student in the oldest university in Asia. I also like drawing and imagining the characters in the sto.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by ReallynL


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by ReallynL