Adversity and Resilience

Adversity and Resilience

A Chapter by ThePiercedWriter
"

Whose side should you take?

"

What felt like hours of standing and sewing a million cracks of her broken heart, the Princess, could finally stop as all hologram humans seized and then disappeared into the lined graph. The graphs, just as they had formed, reversed back until there was nothing but a black room. The lights slowly turned on, enunciating the female disembodied voice.

"Thank you for taking the time to expand your knowledge and remember those who had died of innocence, but are remembered with honor. Your empire is proud of your strength. Please step out of your circle and leave through the doors that you entered through. Thank you, again."

Princess Lilliana quickly swiped her eyes before O-13 could turn to see the tears that managed to slip away. She walked as fast as she could but knew that her handmaiden would always catch up to her much faster than she preferred. After all, their leg lengths were just the opposite as their control for emotion.

They both walked to the training room, where all academy students would be located.

The academy is a private training facility owned by the Varibusian Empire and ran by it as well. This facility picks and trains those who have shown special interest in protecting the empire and contain intelligent skills.

After an unbearable silence between the two females, Liliana spoke with amusement, "I'm just going to assume that you'll be the bad cop on our mission to the pirate ship?"

The silver-masked handmaiden turned towards the Princess with steady slowness, "What makes you think that we will be tasked with such a thing, my Ladyship?"

She scoffed, "Oh, C'mon! We've scored in top rank after every single testing simulation, we're the best in physical fighting, best in intelligence strategy, best in survival strategy, packing -ugh! Everyone knows that we got this."

O-13 turned her head back and thought for a while. Lilliana would have spoken again out of impatience, but the soldier finally came to. "Your assumption is with some evidence but is exaggerated greatly. We are not always the best, we very much still have the rest of our lives to continue growing and increasing our skills. After all, you must remember that you are still the Princess of the entire empire and you are the only true blood-related family member in line to be the next ruler. Princess, please accept that we both are still at extreme limitations. Namely, our age and experience."

"I understand where you're coming from, but haven't you noticed that those who are accepted into this mission are declining in age and experience? Haven't you seen what they look for? I think we really do have a high chance! Just imagine, -"

"Princess, we will not imagine. As your partner and protector, it is my duty to remind you that dreaming of paths that lead to nowhere, is highly unsafe for you and those around you. Do not harm yourself and your hard earned reputation."

Princess Lilliana stopped and didn't care that O-13 was not doing the same.

"As someone who is aware of your unruly bloodline and rules over you. I will dream of what I see worthy. You are to never cross me like this again, do you understand?"

Before O-13 could respond, the Princess pointed to the scar that laid upon her left temple, "After all, you wouldn't want another nasty scar like that, would you? Perhaps, another one to match on the other side?"

"Princess, I have forgiven and shall continue to forgive your incidental injuries that I receive. They do not affect anything, especially my advisement that the Highest Authority has commanded me to give you. Now, let us get to training before we receive a decline in points for being late."

Liliana whispered, "Lords, I hate you," as she finally resumed to walk a brisk pace.



........................................................................

Hello, readers

If you would so kindly as leave a comment of what you thought and leave a vote, it would be much appreciated. Do not feel obligated, though. 


Thank you all,

~ThePiercedWriter. 


c o m m e n t|v o t e 



© 2018 ThePiercedWriter


Author's Note

ThePiercedWriter
Please comment your thoughts! What do you think of the characters? Whose side are you on?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on August 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 5, 2018
Tags: heartbreak, hatred, argument, tension


Author

ThePiercedWriter
ThePiercedWriter

About
Hello, I am a spirited writer with a large imagination and numerous aspirations. I only look for directions on the roads that I take and will take. Which leads me to doing the same for others. I h.. more..

Writing