Chapter 1-First Encounter.

Chapter 1-First Encounter.

A Chapter by Anne van der Heijden
"

First chapter of a story i'm writing.

"

‘’Serah!!, hello earth to Serah!’’ I heard a faint noise coming from far, what was it?

‘’SERAH WINTERS!!’’ The loud voice startled me.

 ‘’Huh..what?’’

‘’Jeez, Serah you do that way to much you know?’’

 It was Claire, she´s been my best friend since we were little.

‘’Ohh, I´m sorry Claire! I was daydreaming again.’’

‘’I know you did, I guess you didn’t hear what i asked you then?’’Said Claire

‘’No i didn’t i’m sorry, what was it?’’

‘’I asked if you got an invitation from Bella’’

‘’What, Bella? No ofcourse not why would she?’’ i said

‘’Well, i did but i’m not going to go now.’’ Claire said.

‘’Huh? Why shouldn’t you? You should go, it will be fun!’’

‘’No, not without you.’’ Claire said

I turned my head to the window.

‘’You know Claire, just because i have problems with Bella doesn’t mean you are involved.’’

 

‘’Pff..thats mean Serah.’’

‘’You know what i mean, I don’t want to be the reason you miss an awesome party like that.’’

 I looked back at Claire, her face still lingered with the same confidence.

‘’Hmmpff, Well I don’t care what you say i still refuse to go.’’ Claire said.

I laughed, ‘’Jeez you are so stubborn Claire.’’

‘’I know i am!’’ Claire gave me a hug.

‘’Now let’s go home, maybe you can come over to my place for a bit?’’

‘’Aww sorry i can’t today, I still have to wait for Miss.Johnson she forgot to give me the printout from last week.’’ I said.

‘’Ohh, that’s right you were sick, well take care then! See you later!.’’

I smiled as i waved her goodbye, I turned my head to the window again, blinked my eyes and turned my head back, but this time the scenery went dark. Is that a person standing infront of me? A girl?

’’Excuse me do you need something?’’ I asked her.

When i took a better look, i didn’t see a face, just a mask that covered her eyes and nose. The girl grinned at me, and then pointed her finger towards me.

‘’You…’’She said.

‘’You?’’I answered back.

‘’It was you…you witch!’’

She drew a knive, and flew with immense speed towards me. I screamed and closed my eyes.

 

‘’Serah?’’ asked Miss.Johnson.

I opened my eyes carefully, I saw Miss.Johnson standing infront of me. Her wide round glasses, her short curly hair and her friendly expression made me feel at ease again.

‘’Yes Miss?’’ I answered

‘’Are you feeling alright dear? You look pale white.’’

She must not have heard my screaming, or did i even scream?

‘’Oh yes I am, don’t worry.’’

‘’Oh fine then, here is the printout.’’

I took the paper from Miss.Johnson’s hands and looked at it.

‘’Dont forget to hand it in soon, and decide together with your parents.’’

I held the Information letter about next year in my hands tightly.

‘’I will Miss, thank you very much.’’ I put the paper in my bag and walked out of the classroom. What was that all about? Who was that girl? I must have slipped into a daydream again, But this time it seemed so real. While still feeling a little bit uneasy walking alone in the hall i hurried home, It would be fine.

 

‘’Mom, I’m home!’’ I yelled. I threw my bag in the hall and went upstairs.

I proudly opened the door to my just renovated room. The fresh smell of paint went through my nose. My room had a massive make-over last weekend, The walls that were purple with stripes first changed into pure white, The black floor didn’t change though. I got new curtains, And old Furniture was replaced by new ones.

“Should i make homework first…nahh it can wait till after dinner.” I thougth to myself. I took a quik glance at my guitar in the corner of the room, I think i’ll play a bit. Just when i was preparing for my first song mom came in.

‘’Hello dear, how was school today?’’ She asked me

‘’It was fine, I got the printout from miss.Johnson.’’ I said.

‘’Oh you did? Where is it?’’

‘’It’s in my school bag, when do you want to look at it?’’

‘’Do you mind after dinner? I still need to get the groceries, and pick up your little sister from daycare.’’

‘’I can pick her up if you want?’’ I said

‘’Oh you could?! Diana asked me to come over for a bit, but i said i couldn’t make it.’’

‘’It’s fine, you go i’ll pick Sam up.’’

‘’Thank you honey, what do you want to eat for dinner?’’

‘’Can we eat pasta?’’

 

‘’Ofcourse!’’ ‘’ See you in a bit then, thank you very much dear!’’

Mom left my room, i looked at the clock on the wall. “Hmm, i still got one hour left enough to play a bit.” And i started playing a few songs i’d learned. A couple of songs later i looked at the clock, it’s still 15 minutes too early…Well it doesn’t matter. I put my guitar back in the case and layed it on my bed. As i went downstairs i heard a noise but ignored it, it was very faint. When i walked into the living room i saw my mother had left already, I saw a note on the table.


‘’Hello dear, I called you a few times but i guess you didn’t hear me because of the guitar. I wanted to tell you that i’m putting the groceries in the kitchen, Could you put them in the right places? I have gone to Diana and will be back before dinner. Take care Dear.

Love Mom.


I smiled when i read the caring words. I put the note back on the table, Then I heard the noice again, this time slightly louder. “What is that? It seems like…breathing?’’

I could hear the sound louder now, it really was breathing. Was mom still here? I went to the kitchen, the sound grew louder and louder. Until i stood infront of the basement door. It really came from here, Should i go and have a look?

I opened the door slowly and looked down.

 

‘’Mom? Are you still here?’’ I asked

There came no answer for a few seconds, i called again.

‘’Hello? Mom is that you?’’

‘’Oh, Serah! I thought you were still upstairs.’’ Mom answered.

‘’I thought you went grocery shopping?’’

‘’Yes, yes i know. But there was just this little thing i forgot to do, could you help me….dear?’’

‘’Yes ofcourse.’’

I walked down the stairs the room was dark.

‘’Why didn’t you turn the lights on mom?’’

‘’Don’t worry about the lights darling…Just come closer.’’

‘’Yes I understand but i can’t see you, let me put on the lights.’’

I walked to the lightswitch, when i put my hand on it my mom screamed.

‘’DON’T YOU DARE PUT THE LIGHTS ON.’’

 

I felt a cold hand grabbing my arm tightly, I was so startled that i pressed the switch accidently. The lights went on. I blinked my eyes and looked around me with a pale face. There was no one there.

‘’M..M..Mom?, are you there?’’ i  stumbled and said with a squeaky voice.

I must have imagined it again, stupid daydreams. But when i looked at the place where i thought someone grabbed me, there was a hand mark. I felt a shiver running down my spine. With my eyes wide open I ran up the stairs as fast i could, i closed the basement door and locked all of the three locks it had. I grabbed my jacket from the chair in the living room and ran out of the front door, with tears of fear in my eyes i jumped on my bike and cycled as fast as i could to the daycare center.

I didn’t dare looking back…



© 2013 Anne van der Heijden


Author's Note

Anne van der Heijden
please remind my mother language is dutch and i learned English as a second language, so it may contain some mistakes, please don't mind them ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013


Author

Anne van der Heijden
Anne van der Heijden

Helmond, -, Netherlands



About
Hi! i'm Anne i'm 17 years old an i love writing a lot. my favorite genre is fantasy :) i also love drawing and playing the piano a lot. more..

Writing