Chapter 3: Pictures

Chapter 3: Pictures

A Chapter by Annie29

He left me with a broken heart and memories. Both of which, were not welcome. When he left me, I was outraged. Everything that had a tie to him was thrown in a box in the back corner of my closet. Today, I pull this box and recall the memories.

 

Picture 1:

It was summer. Josh had gotten a Harley for his sixteenth birthday and he had talked his parents into letting us drive to Camden, a small town that lay in the foothills. It's mountain-top views took my breath away, but so did Josh.

Four hours on the back of a motorcycle with my arms wrapped around the one I loved was all I could ever ask for. My face was pressed into the back of his Columbia jacket and his scent filled every passage of my nose. I knew this anywhere.

My body moved with his on every curve and soon enough our journey came to an end at the top of a mountain. He parked under that tree and we watched as the sun set over the horizon.

He carved our initials into that tree with his red pocket knife that sat along with this picture in the box. "We'll last longer than the tree, I promise," he assured and his lips met mine. I retrived my camera and captured his signature.

 

Picture 2:

Fall had came and leaves covered the ground. Every tree was bare and every yard was drapped with orange and red stars. Josh and I had decided to gather them into a pile. Something a child might do but that's exactly what we were, kids. We were free. There were no strings except for the ones that tied our hearts together. His yard was clear and a giant colorful mass layed in the center. I was first and I dashed across the yard. I leaped and laughed as the leaves fell upon me. I lied there covered untill his arms emerged under me and he cradled me close to him. No place compared to his arms.

He sat me down and made his way to the point at which I had started. He sprinted and hurled into the bundle of leaves that remained. When he arose his face was blood red and his eyes were hydrants for they were drenching water unto his face. Crying was something Josh never did, or never admitted to.

It took us an hour to realize there was poison ivy merged with those leaves. Somthing i wasn't allergic to, thankfully. No swelling occured but we had to put medicine on it to reduce the redness and burning sensation.

The ointment was snow white. I took a picture of that ghost man.

**********************************************************************************************************************

My heart ripped as I thought of all the good times that had came. It tore greater as I thought of all the good times that would never come.



© 2010 Annie29


Author's Note

Annie29
It's kind of a background....
Since the story started with no back drop I had to show how great the love was...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the kind of flash back point here. It really fits. The description is unbelievable amazing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
1 Review
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

Annie29
Annie29

AL



About
The reason I write is the reason I breathe, because without it, I would die. I grew up a long time ago. I'm a little too metaphoric, if there is such a word. I use to dream of running through Ter.. more..

Writing
Your Forever Your Forever

A Poem by Annie29


Life Life

A Poem by Annie29