The Bees Knees

The Bees Knees

A Poem by Anniebugg
"

Just a silly, short limerick

"
I knew an old man who would scramble

through thickets and rosehips and bramble

Got stung by some bees,

on top of his knees

Now everyone calls him Sir Amble

© 2012 Anniebugg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm with you Sheema, I giggle too, as I amble. I did actually get stung in the knee once, when I was a little girl. I was sitting there in church wearing my pretty dress with the tulle underneath to make it nice and poofy. I trembled watching that bee flying all around me. I knew I supposed to be quiet in church so I dared not utter a sound. I'm not sure who was with me, maybe my sister of the garden fame, but it wasn't my parents. I started praying that bee would not sting me. But I think I started too late because he flew into the tulle, got mad and stung me on the knee. I let out a wail and ran from the church all the way home, where our German lady neighbor took care of it by applying a paste of baking powder. I thought she was nuts, but it finally took the sting out of it and I felt better. I didn't have any lasting effects because I didn't start ambling until my joints starting rebelling. I can't blame that one on the bee.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i giggle as I amble.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is delightful...

"Sir Amble"----

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anniebugg

11 Years Ago

Ouch! Stung in the knees? I think that would cause me to amble too. Thank you Jacob.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mic
Ha! So love a good limerick... and to compose one lacking that air of coarseness is quite the challenge. Haha!

Excellent meter and rhyme... and funny. The perfect limerick!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anniebugg

11 Years Ago

Thanks very much Mic. I love limericks too. Puts me in mind of Dr. Seuss for some reason. I will not.. read more
Mic

11 Years Ago

Will always love Dr. Seuss! Always wondered about those green eggs and ham... lol.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012

Author

Anniebugg
Anniebugg

AR



About
I'm an old hippie with 3 grown sons and 6 grandchildren with 1 more on the way. My career was always motherhood so I never experienced the business world other than to have several menial jobs here an.. more..

Writing