A 23 year old revolutionary

A 23 year old revolutionary

A Story by CA Anurag Sharma
"

This is a small piece for my inspiration... tomorrow is his death anniversary

"
"My life has been dedicated to the noblest cause, that of the freedom of the country. Therefore there is no rest or wordily desire that can lure me now......."
At 23 years of age we all think about making a mark in today's cut throat competition. We have our dreams and aspirations and with them are attached the dreams of our parents, our friends and relatives. We are about to enter the real world away from our college lives.

Now imagine a person who by this age had achieved which a normal being like us can't in entire life.
A person who loved this country so much that he laid his life happily at this age. How could someone be so passionate about what he wants to achieve? How could someone think for the whole nation at the age when we are focused about ourselves only? Every person takes birth and die but only few actually live.
Yes such was this man; the legend called Bhagat Singh
23 March 1931... the hero died...
Was he only a freedom fighter?
No, he was a great thinker... a socialist... he talked about Hindu-Muslim Unity... he talked about the future of the country where every youth had a freedom to express himself... where there would be equality in the name of religion...
And yes he was an atheist...
"When we worship someone, we lose the right to question it"... he said in one of the letters titled "Why am I atheist?" which he wrote in the prison...

During his last days one of his friends told him to worship.."It would be selfish" he replied...

What have we learnt from him?
Its his courage to stand against the wrong... his dedication for his belief.. his ideas which laid path for many.. .

Tomorrow is his death anniversary... I want to thank him for his sacrifice... I want to pay homage to that great philosopher who had better dreams for this nation which we have not been able to fulfill...I just want to say that 
"The flame which your put in our hearts will never extinguish. Our greatest national hero, you will be remembered till eternity"

© 2015 CA Anurag Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for sharing the story. I did some research. He was a brave man. Need to be honored and remembered. Thank you for showing me the way to a hero, Now I know about.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

This is the best comment I have received... I just wanted everyone to know about him...thank you so .. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I appreciate being taught. Being in the USA. We rarely hear of the Asia and Africa heroes. This woul.. read more
CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

I am working on something on him...anyway thank you so much :)
You have paid a great tribute to this hero. He was so young to have sacrificed so much...and to have taught so much by his sacrifice...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Thank you M'am... yes at such a young age he had such a great wisdom that his thoughts still inspire.. read more
Shaheed Bhagat singh is one person that inspires us a lot. Thanks for sharing your views and making us all remind of him once again that all the freedom that we have today is because of these selfless sacrifices..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Thank you Nazia... I completely agree with you ...
Bhagat singh is my fave freedom fighter and your words gave me goosebumps. Great work Anurag! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

He was not just a freedom fighter but a great thinker as well... Anyway thank you so much Deepika :)
this was an amazing rite up. Liked the way you introduced him in the start.Electric. felt the spark. too good. thanks for sharing. :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind wordsd Rounak :)
I havent heard of this man before now Anurag but it is enough for me to know that he inspired you to write this - that speaks volumes, to me. I have my own inspirations from Irelands struggle.
The final line is really heartfelt - well penned my friend.


Posted 9 Years Ago


CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Thank you ANTO.. he was not only a freedom fighter but a great thinker as well... he thoughts inspir.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2015
Tags: legend, revolution, thinker, freedom, fighter

Author

CA Anurag Sharma
CA Anurag Sharma

CHANDIGARH, CHANDIGARH, India



About
Chartered Accountant, MBA (Finance) from Chandigarh (India). Have written two books (fiction), "Mirage in the mountains" and "Mourning Before Sunrise" My twitter handle is "https://twitter.com/ca.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Thought 2 Thought 2

A Poem by CRZ