Sometimes

Sometimes

A Poem by TamiViolet

 

 

My friend, I held you in the highest regard

No one could replace you

 

You were larger than life although those

words echo...

 

Yes, I have whispered them in a past time

when the World was green with prospects

 

My fault...

 

I burn bridges too soon

Say goodbye too hastily

Not realizing...

 

We all have issues.

The World wasn't created for my happiness.

 

I just thought you and I were unbreakable.

Childish, yes?

 

We all break at some point, losing interest.

 

My friend...

 

How you have disappointed me, and I must

now accept that you were simply...

 

Unavailable.

 

 

 

© 2008 TamiViolet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It doesn't make things better when we find out for ourselves the reasons. I enjoyed this poem. I found it simplistic but yet it packed some punch. We all have been hurt or disappointed by someone we felt deeply about and enjoyed there presence. Family and friends are really the only one that can hurt you. Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I lost my best friend when I was self-absorbed. He was there for my loss then I drifted. I was numb. I wasn't there for his. It's been twenty years. I've reached out on occasion. Still do. The wall stands.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very short and wonderfully written poem. Every one of your poems flow well, and are so well exocuted, by the way you separate the stanzas, that it's so easy to follow along, and so poetically crisp. anyway, that's how i feel about it. thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I know that point. I've crashed into and through that point quite often. Well written and expressed. Kudos chica.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Ah, solemn regretful plain speak re the most fundamental disappointment we can all relate to.

Bonds of intimate love-desire, when they break, may crash and burn spectacularly.

Friendship is the more understated golden mean, interactive glue, and when it fails, there can be even greater disappointment, because even tho' usually less dramatic than romance and sexual desire, one subliminally counts more on friendship to stay the course, rather like a reliable vehicle from here to there.

The plain language and tone suit the material, for reasons noted.

This poem is a no-nonsense elegy to perhaps the most basic regret. Good work -- and by the way, the accompanying pic of the sleek young darling grrrrl friends is just adorable.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed the thought of this poem, i loved the theme. it saddened me because people tend to confuse the differences between unbreakable and unavailable. It reminds me of an issue with mi friends. I loved it. Straight to the point, 1 curve ball and a STRIKE!!! ~Reeses~

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem comes from a humble heart. I know from personal experience what it means to be quick to burn bridges. I think that with emotional maturity comes the realization that a humble heart of grace breeds unconditional love. Unfortunately the byproduct of this knowledge is a broken heart.We have to walk through the fire to be forged into a solder of love.The sad thing is that there are so many that will never get there. Spending their lives hurting others until one day they find themselves old and alone.Having never lived a life of love and having to reap what they have sown. In your poem there is a progression into maturity and acceptance.Its comforting to see. Excellent write.

Mr.Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.

'The world wasn't created for my happiness' is a great line, very forlorn and has a stark, dark honest feel to it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

it is a beautifully written piece - sad and full of emotion... it's hard when we mess up the friendship and bridges are burned...

fantastic

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah! This is surely painful.
Friendship is something which you can't describes in words, it is just the best gift....It is surely very much flexible, like a rubber band but...it hurts a lot when you leaves it.

This poem depicts real feeling because often it happens with most of, gradually as we move on with life we start making new friends, forgetting the old ones. Also forgetting the fact that new friends could be the best words you have heard of but old friends are the alphabets and without them there would no words, and no sentences.

"How you have disappointed me, and I must
now accept that you were simply...

Unavailable." - This is really heartbreaking.... And here I kind of disagree with Dani...Yeah I agree that there is never any "perfect" friend. But you know, friendship is not at all about accepting the perfect person, it's all about accepting the imperfect person perfectly :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is painful. It immediately made me think of expectations. We tend to have expectations of others that they are unaware of, which really puts them at an unfair disadvantage. How can one ever measure up if they don't know what is expected... or perhaps they aren't willing to meet up to our expectations because it isn't in line with theirs. I've been guilty of this.. more than once. A painful lesson for all concerned. I think in the true essence of friendship.... acceptance and forgiveness are the right words to follow. It's always so beautiful when you have a bond with a person that you know won't break because one of you was let down by the other. There's a silent "understanding" that we're all human... but we still love.

There will never be the perfect friend, mate.. person. This makes me wonder how many times I've disappointed others without knowing it. I'm sure more than I care to know.

Excellent write my friend. Another to ponder.... deeply.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1185 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2008
Last Updated on December 1, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet