Erratic

Erratic

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

dramatic verse

"

 

 Oh Poseidon, you disrupt my sea
    
Alter not your color for the likes
      
Of miserable me
       
Your mouth foams in revelry
        
As I gasp desperately for
         
One remaining breath
          
My rosary floats upon your
           Fickle friendship of fury
          For your whims leave me
         With goose flesh as
       The grapevine wraps itself
      Around my throat--
      I bear witness to antiquated
       Notes which deceive
        The tongue of my counterpart
         Scorches this bosom--
          Nevermore do I grieve
          Yet I swim vainly--
         The chastity belt on land
        It does remain
       Drowned dreams of delusion--
     Un-new
   I lurk within the shadow of
 Door number two


© 2008 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
Something a little different for me, folks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so dark and mysterious. Very well written A. I agree, it's a bit different for you, yet I still hear your voice in it. Of course, I couldn't help but think of drowning .... being strangled by seaweed on my way down... but that was just a surface interpretation of course. That sea runs quite a bit deeper and you've left it wide open for interpretation.

I'm always a fan of your work, and this is no exception. You have quite a talent my friend.. a pleasure as always :)

(love the graphic)

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow.....amazing apollonia.....a turn I was not expected to take....a wonderful write indeed and captured jewel!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think for being different from what you normally do it is a very good piece. I felt that the form of the piece was a nice touch. It further emphasizes the sea element of the piece. Your imagery was very nice, striking in fact. There were a few things that I did not think quite fit with the other parts of the piece. "With goose flesh as" This line seems to break up the mood created in the previous lines of the piece. The other thing that I wanted to point was The lines "un-new" and "Behind door number two. I feel that the rhyme nearly takes away from the other lines that lead to it.

All in all this is a very good piece, that I enjoyed reading.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WoW! The thunder and lightning; waves tossing things about, and the Gods peering down with such power...Yet, i still could see the tempest of heartbreak and woes in two peoples' lives. I really loved this scene. You made everything come to life here. Awesome work!!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Wow! This is beautiful, so dark and mysterious it is....
I simply loved the imagery and beautiful visualization in it!
Very well written, one of your best!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Loved the dark and mystique picture this paints. Very well written. I also like the form you did this in; almost like a moving in a wave of words and emotion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow hun! I wish I wrote thispiece. Your amazing with your words. Like how you switched it up!And What a beautiful pic to show what your sending! Great format too hun!!!

As I gasp desperately for
One remaining breath
My rosary floats upon your
Fickle friendship of fury
For your whims leave me
With goose flesh as
The grapevine wraps itself
Around my throat--
I bear witness to antiquated
Notes which deceive

I just LOVE that part!!!!!! Happy holiday's sweets...
Much love n respect,
anna banana...lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful Apollonia. The avatar pulled me in too. i love mermaids. anyway, nice poem that brings imagrey to my mind, and takes me on a journey.

my fav part:

"my chastity belt on shore"

i thought that had a little bit of humor in it, and it made the poem even better, it was already good from the beginning though, i felt.

thanks for sharing.

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I know that it does not what form you use or what style. You always write what draws readers to your every word. Great piece.


Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


"Poseidon" is the spelling. Entrancing graphic.

Scuba diving, I search Davey Jones locker for Door Number 2. Let's make a deal with a seal in the deep.

Poseidon's a bad a*s. Mermaids have built-in chastity belts.

On a fin scale of 1 to 10. . .This poem is vertiginous. Re-reading it, I feel like I'm swimming upside-down, in danger of mistaking floor for surface.

"The grapevine wraps itself/Around my throat--"

My, this seaweed's nubs contain the faces of small-minded network nibblers. . .No, this is not erotic auto-asphyxiation for fierce-edged fun. . .Call 911. . .

This just in: Behind Door Number 2 is ZZ Top singing "She's got legs/and she knows how to use them."

"My rosary floats upon your/Fickle friendship of fury."

Legs on land, sunlight warming your bosom, the blue sky of mind all rescue this storm-tossed mythic lovely in the nick of time. Poseidon rages on, conjuring the perfect storm for lost amphibians left behind.

This poem's a wild plunge in the mad deep inviting the same. And now, we. . .breathe!


Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

A most Deliciously Dark! Lovely and Mysterious piece

very nicely expressed in poetic verse~THanks for sharing

Fran Marie



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2013 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on December 22, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..