Wild Flowers

Wild Flowers

A Poem by Aren
"

I plant my lips upon your scalp, so that in your hair, I can grow wild flowers.

"
I plant my lips upon your scalp,
so that in your hair, I can grow wild flowers.
We waited forever at a station. The tracks remained bare.
You seemed to vanish in midair,
and I was left behind with your suitcase.
The train never did show,
to take me to you;
Wherever it is that you have gone.

I can’t say that I don’t care.
I know that I shouldn’t.
You punched a hole in my hour glass.
I watch myself spill upon the floor.
Is it that I am wasting my time
picking up this mess,
Trying to fix what we had?
‘Cause baby I really do care.
I know that you don’t.

But what can I say now?
You just can’t hold back your rage.
I get a thousand letters from you.
Every envelope holds a blank page.
You plant your demons inside my mind.
I watch myself slowly decay.
I rip to shreds my train ticket, and run
in the direction that wild flowers grow.

© 2012 Aren


Author's Note

Aren
This is not my best work, but something I needed to get out of my system.
Please let me know what you think. I am open to honesty and criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are some good ideas in it....I just weary of all the "poor me" pieces that I read on this site. Could you try another theme? I think you have the ability.
Just read a lot of poetry (thousands of them) by the masters. It could set you off in a new direction.

Your last two lines are the best.


Posted 11 Years Ago


These are probably the most important writes a writer can write. Sometimes the only thing to get it out of your head is to put it on paper. You will probably come across this in years to come and know it word for word just by the title. Sometimes writing does that, it helps ease the confusion of thoughts it created, yet subconsciously, is always there in your mind, word perfect. I do think you're being a little hard on yourself though, it is probably not your favourite because it is more personal. It doesnt mean it isnt good, which it is btw :-)


Posted 11 Years Ago


Your poem seems to express a dilemma we all sometimes face. We may really like someone but they don't reciprocate in kind. We may commit our hearts to them but they don't invest as much of their own soul to the relationship. At some point we realize that our attachment to them is not only unrewarding but is actually harming us emotionally. When we reach the decision gate where we feel we need to choose someone else, we shred our train ticket and let them go. I don't know if you intended this, the first and third verses contain eight lines each while the second verse has nine. If you combined the two middle lines of the third verse it would then leave you with eight. Doesn't really matter. Keep on planting those flowers.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012
Tags: wild flowers love change

Author

Aren
Aren

Streamwood, IL



About
Hello my name is Andrea. I am 20 years old, but please do not stereotype me for being young or a girl. Poetry is a major aspect of my life, but I feel like all I have written so far is selfish an na.. more..

Writing
Out of Sight Out of Sight

A Poem by Aren


Nevermind Nevermind

A Poem by Aren


Just One Moment Just One Moment

A Poem by Aren