Little Time

Little Time

A Poem by The Last Poetic King
"

My heart goes out to those who feel like they've got nothing in life. Those who feel like they'd be better off dead.

"
Those who turn to drugs hoping that it will be enough to numb the pain. You can destroy your brain, you can wreck your insides, you can inject yourself with more than enough "I don't give a damn", but in the end what has it got you? Did it reset the time? Did it save you from yourself? Did it change a damn thing? You hurt and you'd rather die, but you're just biding your time. Just dreaming of the day that something saves you, sets everything right, puts you back on track. In the mean time you'll sit down and smoke a bowl of crack, maybe snort a line. Shoot up, you swear this is the last time. What do you want them to know? Do you even know? You're burying the very person you are. It's not too far fetched to say that you died that day. Another needle in your arm, another pill to put you asleep, another bottle to make you forget, a life full of regret. 

Tear up your insides, you say you want to quit. But I don't see truth behind your eyes, you've lied one too many times. It's no surprise, you're falling over yourself. Laying down on the wire, hoping that it breaks, sends you back home. You're just biding your time, hoping someone saves you, sets everything right, puts you on the right track. You're so consumed by all the drugs, you're on the verge of cracking, all the time wasted will never come back. 

You watch as your friends all turn their backs, walk away, and say "A friend died today. " Can't bare to watch you drowned in all your own pity, it's such a pity, what happened to you? You used to be better than that.. But you rather sit down and smoke a bowl of crack, hoping you'll get the time back. Reverse, rewind, life on pause, you're dying. You're hurting, nobody understands, but the drugs ease your pain. Can't even stand to look at yourself in the mirror. You're everything you hate and you realize your mistakes, but it's too late. Your bones have grown cold, you've finally found your home.

© 2015 The Last Poetic King


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very deep, sad & true! I really like the way you write!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
1 Review
Added on June 11, 2015
Last Updated on June 11, 2015

Author

The Last Poetic King
The Last Poetic King

there, Unknown



About
For a moment, I am here. Then you blink & I am gone But you will never forget what it was like to know me Because I am like no other I don't shine as bright as the other stars, but there is no m.. more..

Writing