Chapter V

Chapter V

A Chapter by ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


Chapter V


It was absolutely quiet. Two characters were lying motionless at the foot of a large oak tree. The landscape was desolated. But if you looked closely, you could see how in one of the branches of the oak, there was a green leaf bud. A quiet humming voice broke the silence. At first there appeared in the dry sand of various sizes dark spots. Then the humming voice grew louder and louder. It had started to rain.


In the end when the dry land had absorbed enough water to itself, the water started flow into the river bed. It danced and laughed happily. It rained a long time and slowly the gray clouds of pollution began to disperse. And the sun came out.


Then slowly from the ground, around the two still motionless characters, the plants began to rise with many colorful flowers. The great oak tree had received its ‘green leaf dress’ back. A little bird flew into an oak branch, and began to sing. And then the bird’s spouse flew next to it, and together they sang in the land that was before death and desolated, but which was now revived with a cleansing rain. Everywhere the trees were living again, and soon the rest of the birds, animals and bees would return.


Mike opened his eyes, which were swollen from weeping and he noticed in wonder that he was looking at bright blue sky above him which peeped between the green leaves. Warm wind blew in his face. He stood up and saw the green grass swaying in the breeze of the wind as the waves of the sea. He looked at the whole new world. The world that she helped to save. Mike turned to look at Flossie who was laying on her stomach on the ground with her eyes closed and her other cheek against the green, cool grass. ‘If you could only see this, Flo. You did it. You saved the planet. We are forever grateful for that and I will make sure that you and what you did will never be forgotten.’


Watching Flossie he leaned closer to her and for a second he thought that he had seen that her fingers were moving but then Mike thought that it was only an illusion created by a grief-stricken mind of him. He touched her pale cheek which was curiously begun to get its color back. Her cheek felt warmer than before. He felt how a tiny spark of hope was kindled again in his heart, and soon it blazed with full flame. ‘Flo? Wake up Princess, wake up!’ Mike did not know how that specific word had come to his mind in that moment. A cheerful voice inside of him told him to repeat it again. ‘Wake up, Princess, wake up!’ Mike shook gently her shoulder. ‘Please wake up!’ Suddenly she opened her eyes. They were deep, deep bluish purple in color and full of inner light shining brightly. Then her gaze meets his eyes and her eyes told everything that had been previously left without words. Love and choose to die for it. Breathe and choose to live for it.


‘For you, dear Michael.’ With these spoken words by her, Mike leaned closer to her and kissed her and the salty tears fell from his eyes and wet her lips and cheeks as the rain fell down from the Heavens to the ground creating new life.


Epilogue


The woman was standing barefoot on a green hill in her pale blue dress which was embroidered in gold patterns which were represented in the figures of white swan’s rising to air. Her hair, red as fire, was flowing free. She had a multi-colored garland of the flowers on her hair. Beside her stood a man who was little longer than her and he was dressed in similar clothing, but he had green blouse and the neckline and the sleeve cuffs of it were garnished with gold braids and he had pants in the same green color. He was also barefoot. They took each other’s hand. The woman was smiling at him, and the man's gaze told of doting love. A little behind of them stood an elderly couple, also barefoot, holding each other’s hand. They had the same clothing style but they were brighter white in color. The woman had blond hair which was braided. The man had reddish hair with the touch of gray in it. The new dawn had come and they were celebrating its arrival. Flossie stepped forward and held out her both hands, palms upward. A pearl necklace was in her arms as she held her hands towards the Heavens as giving their gratitude to the Almighty. Flossie, Michael, Megan and Stuart exclaimed three times in unison with voices filled with joy;


“As children of the God, as daughters and sons of the Earth,


We are celebrating here In the gardens of the Earth a new dawn,


Before the haloed face of the Almighty”.




THE END



© 2017 ~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair


Author's Note

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
Postscript

“I wrote this very powerful story in part because of that I am worried about the current state of the world and the fact that natural resources are used recklessly and forests are being cleared down. Keep my story in your mind and when you walk in the outdoors, I hope that my story reminds you that this blue and green jewel, which is known as Earth, is the most valuable thing we have.

Take care of it.

And if the story has influenced you, hopefully in a good way, then my work was not in vain.”

Credits of photos goes to the artists.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A wonderful story written and shared. Your writing style made the story come alive to the reader. I love how you write. With a softness and leaving a heavy message for the reader. Thank you Sarah for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I have so many reasons to be grateful. Family, writing, nature, friends and so on.
.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree and you are welcome Sarah.



Reviews

A wonderful story written and shared. Your writing style made the story come alive to the reader. I love how you write. With a softness and leaving a heavy message for the reader. Thank you Sarah for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I have so many reasons to be grateful. Family, writing, nature, friends and so on.
.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree and you are welcome Sarah.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 15, 2017
Last Updated on March 20, 2017
Tags: in the gardens of the earth, nature, environment, future, adventure


Author

~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair
~Sarah~ Idríel The Fair

Teleri of Aman ~ Middle-Earth ~ Finland



About
' I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. ' ~Emily .. more..

Writing