Chapter One: What is this?

Chapter One: What is this?

A Chapter by Victor Cartel
"

Description of the book and what exactly "book zero" means

"
I don't know about you, but for me writing a book is hard work.  It takes a lot of discipline and self-motivation, a lot of time and effort, and, as corny as it is, it takes a lot of love.

I've been working on The Legend of Lunias since the 2nd grade, back when it was still "The Adventures of Lunias" and Korkarea was the only character that really mattered.  To make sure that Lunias gets all hard work I feel is necessary to put into it and then some, I've decided to get to know my characters and understand the setting better than anything before I really get immersed into writing the books.  I want to put all of this work into it because it is the most meaningful piece I'll ever write, and I know that nobody will ever understand how important it is to me on the level I do.  I can get you pretty close though, and I can make the book as meaningful to you as I can.  I can give you the chance to get to know the characters at every angle, I can give you the opportunity to learn about the histories of their lands, and I can teach you more about the societies they come from before you even delve into their stories.

You wouldn't go to another country if you knew nothing about its customs, people, or lands.  You certainly can, but it doesn't give you as great of an experience and makes you feel a bit lost to just jump right in.  So why would you jump into a book without knowing a little more about it than what the back cover says?  So basically, I can be your guide, the Lunias characters can be your tour group, and together we can give you a tour of Zeronium.

This book started as nothing more than a compilation of notes and character descriptions and turned into the basic mapping of the book.  It may not have epic action sequences, and it may not be the legendary part of Lunias, but it sure does bring you on an adventure all it's own: The Adventure of Lunias.

Book Zero is my writing tool, and now can be a reading tool as well.  It certainly isn't a requirement; you don't need to read Book Zero to understand the rest of the series.  It just helps you visualize the characters and setting better, makes it less difficult to grasp the story, and most of all, it lets you get to know the characters beforehand and read the story with a bit more of a connection to it and the people within it.  All you need to do is take a step back and start from Zero rather than One.


© 2012 Victor Cartel


Author's Note

Victor Cartel
Consider this chapter my "Note for Reviewers"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 7, 2012
Last Updated on January 7, 2012


Author

Victor Cartel
Victor Cartel

Westminster, CO



About
Check the about me page on my website, Ashira's Notebook, for an extensive survey about myself. more..

Writing
4/1/13 4/1/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/2/13 4/2/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/3/13 4/3/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel