Cool.

Cool.

A Chapter by Asilem

I DO NOT OWN THE TYPE OF VAMPIRE OR THE "WORLD". SOME CHARACTERS INCLUDING MARIA, DR. CARLISLE CULLEN, EDWARD CULLEN, BELLA CULLEN. OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS SPECIFIED IN THE TWILIGHT SAGA BY STEPHANIE MEYER. HOWEVER I DO TAKE CREDIT FOR THE OTHER CHARACTERS AND THE EVENTS THAT SURROUND THEM.

 

What the hell is he?! What kind of person sparkles?! Or, maybe he's not a person at all? At least not... human.

 

Lucas didn't stay around long enough for me to get a closer look. If i even wanted to, that is.

 

And he wants to have a child with me?! Why me? I'm not special. Hell, I'm just a waitress. Though I remember him saying something about me being "the one". Was he just attracted to me? Is that why he chose me? Why would someone so beautiful as he is want someone like me? I am most certainly not beautiful. I mean, I'm not ugly, but I'm not pretty, either. I'm... average.

 

He didn't seem to mind when he was neckin' me last night, I thought. A blush crept up my cheeks as I remembered the feeling of him against me. How my traitorous body craved his touch even now. He's the bad guy here. I shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did.

 

Shaking my head to clear it, I stood up and walked to the bathroom. The face in the mirror staring back at me was pale, her hazel eyes wide and plain brown hair tangled. Her mouth opened and she sighed and I looked down. Turning on the faucet, I let the cool water run over my fingers, and did my best to get the tangles out of my hair, wetting my fingers again every so often.

 

Sensing eyes on me, I shut off the water and turned to see Cameron standing by the bed. He wore a black hoodie and had a familiar-looking paper bag clutched in his hand. I glared at him.

 

When I didn't say anything, he smiled and held the McDonald's bag out to me. "I brought you food," he said and kept the smile plastered on his face. It was like he thought that bringing me food would make me forget that he played part in killing my friends and abducting me.

 

I just stood there. I wasn't sure I should except it. I'll admit that I was hungry and the intoxicating smell coming from the bag was very tempting, but I was wary. he had all of the same weird features as Lucas. The red eyes, very pale skin... Shoot, he probably sparkles, too.

 

"Are you not hungry?" he asked, concern clouding his eyes.

 

"Uh," I hesitated. "Yes." I slowly stepped forward, took the bag and just as slowly stepped back.

 

"Why are you looking at me with such hate?" he asked me.

 

"You killed my friends," I stated firmly, willing the images and sounds that came with the statement in my head to dissolve.

 

His eyes narrowed. "That girl on the hood of your car was already dead."

 

Tears pricked the back of my eyes. "My other friends weren't."

 

He shrugged. "We kill. It's what we do."

 

"You say that as if it's nothing."

 

"I've been doin' it for so long that it is nothing," he said. "Besides, I couldn't let all that warm blood go to waste."

 

Finally, it clicked.

 

"You're vampires!?" I said, hardly believing my own ears. But then again, it all made sense now.

 

He smirked and folded his arms across his chest, posing in a tough guy stance. Placing the McD's bag on the floor, I assumed the same position, tongue in cheek. We stared stared each other down, niether one of us moving. He was more still than I was, like he was frozen or something.

 

Movement out of the corner of my eye drew my attention from Cameron's to watch Lucas hop over the balcony railing. I couldn't help but gape at the glittery sparkles on his skin. It seemed like he had tiny diamonds embedded in his pores. But then they dissappeared the moment he was out of the sun's light. He strode across the room toward us, eyeing Cameron with a questioning tilt to his head.

 

"Cameron," he said. "I thought you were down in the field?"

 

"I brought her food," Cameron replied. "In case you forgot, she is human, you know."

 

"I haven't."

 

They both stood there staring at me, like they were waiting for something.

 

"What?"

 

"I can't speak for Lucas," Cameron said, "but I'm waiting for you waiting start freaking out now that you know what we are."

 

Lucas whirled on him. "You mean you f*****g told her?!" he hissed.

 

Cameron took a few steps back, his hands up. "No, she figured it out."

 

"She wasn't supposed to know, you a*s!"

 

"Why? She has a right to know what kind of child she's gonna have." He smirked. "If she can even have any with you."

 

The sound of Lucas' fist colliding with Cameron's jaw was like two boulders smashing together, and Cameron was on the floor. Lucas was breathing heavy, his jaw clenched. A muscle in his cheek twitched as he glared at the man on the floor. I thought I saw his lips move as if he were talking, but it happened so fast and no sound came past his lips.

 

Then Cameron was lifted off the floor, floating in mid-air. As he hovered, the balcony door behind him smung open and he was flung out the door.

 

I was standing rock still, staring at the place that Cameron had forcefully vacated. Lucas turned to me.

 

"So you two are vampires?"

 

"More than two of us," he retorted.

 

"There're more of you?"

 

He nodded warily. "Yeah."

 

"Cool." As terrifying as this was, of course, I just wasn't that freaked out. I mean, I grew up watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've always wanted to meet a vampire - and live to tell the tale. I love them. Go Team Spike!

 

He casually approached me, like he was trying not to scare me. His face was clouded with disbelief. "You're not scared?" he questioned.

 

"Of course I am, but heellloooo? I've grown up in the vampire age. So while it is very scary, it's also really cool."

 

He had kept on walking to me as I was talking, so by the time I finished speaking, he was right in front of me. He raised his hand and gently grazed the back of his fingers across my cheek. I pulled his hand from my face and stepped away from him.

 

"Don't touch me," I said sternly.

 

I could tell he was about to disregard my command, but he froze. His head tilted to the side as if he were listening to something.

 

"What?" I questioned, but he didn't answer me. Instead, he backed away from me and went to the balcony doors. He paused at them, turning to glance at me.

 

"I'll be back later," he said, then he leaped over the railing and was gone.



© 2013 Asilem


Author's Note

Asilem
I'm kinda stuck on the next chapter. It hasn't gone as well as I'd hoped..... so it might be a while before I get it up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Maybe you should read through this one a couple times and you might find new inspiration for the next one. I'm super curious to know why Cameron is there and bringing her food. Is there a certain triangle forming? And I really love the fact she's not as scared as she should be, I would be the same.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Ahh now I cant wait! Lol, this story has really got me stuck. :) But don't be afraid to write it , j.. read more
Asilem

11 Years Ago

True very true. I'll work on it tomorrow if I have time. (i didn't had time today)
Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

:) Good luck



Reviews

Maybe you should read through this one a couple times and you might find new inspiration for the next one. I'm super curious to know why Cameron is there and bringing her food. Is there a certain triangle forming? And I really love the fact she's not as scared as she should be, I would be the same.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Ahh now I cant wait! Lol, this story has really got me stuck. :) But don't be afraid to write it , j.. read more
Asilem

11 Years Ago

True very true. I'll work on it tomorrow if I have time. (i didn't had time today)
Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

:) Good luck

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 8, 2013


Author

Asilem
Asilem

Washinton DC, DC



About
all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13227 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Asilem birthday: 3/20/98 zodiac sign: Picses where were you born: Virginia where do you live now: Virginia height: 5'7.. more..

Writing