Gym Class Rejects

Gym Class Rejects

A Story by MidnightKingdom
"

...

"
Aster kicked her shoe at the ground impatiently. Gym was about to start and she was stuck waiting outside holding the door for her friend.
"C'mon Sareè!!" she yelled, unsure of her whereabouts.

That dazzling smile greeted Aster as Sareè appeared. She held a 6-pack of energy drinks and a coffee.
"Thanks, angel! I wouldn't have gotten back in if the door shut..."
Aster rolled her eyes and watched as Sareè chugged energy drink after energy drink.
"Hurry up Sareè! You're going to get caught! And don't drink so much, you'll have a heart attack!"

Sareè was on her 4th energy drink when her hand started twitching uncontrollably. She laughed "Hell, I think I'm ready!"
Aster scoffed and let Sareè go past her inside. She let the door slam close as she paced behind in the hallway.
Sareè stopped by her locker and shoved the remaining energy drinks inside.
"I'm gonna kick your butt during the mile run" Sareè boasted as she slammed the locker shut. Aster groaned in misery.
The mile run was an awful gym test where you were timed on how fast you ran a mile. Aster sucked at running, major suck. She growled at the thought of Sareè beating her.
"Give me one of those energy drinks" she declared, hand reached out.
Sareè smirked and opened her locker, placing a Rockstar in her hand. Aster gagged at the smell but drank. She shuddered when finished and threw the empty bottle at Sareè.
Sareè flinched as the bottle hit her in the head and laughed as the bottle was sent clanging into the tile floor. It rolled down the hall and into an empty classroom.
Sareè raised an eyebrow at Aster.
"Whoa, someone's in a violent mood haha!"
Aster shoved Sareè. Sareè just grinned and the pair made their way to gym class, running so they wouldn't be late.

The teacher barely batted an eye at them as the pair scampered to get in place before the mile run began. She took out her phone as Sareè and Aster stood behind the other classmates. Aster could see Sareè twitching from all the drinks and laughed. The students all shifted, anxious to get this over with. The teacher looked over each kid, staring them in the eye before glancing back down at her phone.
"Ok!", she said, fiddling with the timer app,
"3...2...1... GO!"

Aster shoved Sareè teasingly as she passed her. Sareè caught up and ran alongside Aster.
"So what's up?"
Aster didn't answer, knowing she'd go out of breath if she did. Sareè laughed. She pulled out a harmonica and placed it in her mouth, inhaling and exhaling normally. The breathing into the harmonica made funny noises and Aster was struggling not to laugh.
HOO HAA HOO HAA HOO HAA was what it sounded like everytime Sareè breathed in or out. Aster gritted her teeth, desperate not to lose her breath.

"SAREÈ! PUT THAT THING AWAY!!" the teacher yelled. Saree spat the harmonica out into her hand and shoved it in her pocket.
"I saw that when I was at the store buying those drinks, and I figured I'd make you fail", Sareè chuckled.
Aster growled. Of course.

They turned the corner and then the pain hit Aster. Her breath became unsteady and her chest burned. Sareè saw Aster weakening and laughed.
"C'mon Aster! We're going to be late!" she mimicked in Aster's voice.
"F you" Aster wheezed.

Aster's speed decreased and soon she fell back. Sareè waved the peace sign at her and sped up, leaving her behind. Sweat began pouring down her face and on her shirt. She was not a runner... At all....

Sareè glanced back and saw Aster stuggling to gain ground. She snickered, amused at her suffering. She slowed her run to a walk and waited for the Aster train to catch up. Sareè began to skip next to the girl saying
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, CHOO CHOO!"
Aster glared at Sareè and pushed her. Sareè toppled over and fell on her butt. Aster muttered "I am NOT the little engine that could!"

Sareè got up, looked ahea of her and smiled.
"Aster! The end is up ahead!"
Aster glanced up and saw she was right. Sareè grabbed Aster's arm and ran full speed to the finish.
"Hey! Sareè! Wait! I can't run... *pant* this *wheeze* FAST!!", Aster cried out in desperation, trying to not fall over. Finally Sareè stopped and Aster looked up. The end. She collapsed to her knees and coughed. Sareè crouched and patted her on the back.
"Good job! Little engine that could!"

Aster glared at Sareè.
Sareè grinned.

Sighing, Aster stumbled to the water fountain and chugged.
Kids were heading to the locker rooms to shower and change, she saw Sareè was waiting patiently for her. Aster wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and walked amongside Sareè to go get changed.

Sareè smirked at Aster, "How was the mile run?"
Aster ignored her, opened the locker room door and slammed it in Sareè's face.

© 2019 MidnightKingdom


Author's Note

MidnightKingdom
Oak Hill High School...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on January 8, 2019
Last Updated on January 8, 2019
Tags: Fantasy, midnight kingdom, oak hill

Author

MidnightKingdom
MidnightKingdom

The Shadow



About
Aster DiAggelos. Fantasy. Kinda insane. Personality disorder. But mostly fantasy...(?) I'm anti-social and kind of a loner. I rather read a good book than talk to people. I like art and pain.. more..

Writing