Golden Sun Rays

Golden Sun Rays

A Chapter by MidnightKingdom
"

Chapter one...

"
Sareè kicked dust into the prince of Koráki's eyes. He screamed and bawled at the pain. He ran off crying to tell his mother. What a wimp. Sareè laughed at his fear and stomped his castle he built out of sticks.

Sareè laughed and looked around at what to do next. She was in the courtyard of her kingdom, on a playdates with the other first-borns. There were some firstborns of barons and lords and other royalty. Her 7 year old hands were covered in dirt and her cloak muddy. She exhaled gently and let her thoughts run wild.

She saw Aster DiAggelos, firstborn of the Skiá king and queen. She was shy and curious. Her eyes were grape purple and stared with wonder. Her hair a reddish brown that flowed to her back, over her shoulders. She whispered when she spoke and hid behind her mothers dress, peeking with fear. Aster usually played by herself; doing puzzles and coloring. The girl was smart though, shy but smart.

Sareè ran over to Aster and pounced on her.
The quiet girl said nothing, only stared wide-eyed with eyes of wisdom at Sareè. The young girl fell under Sareè's weight and the two went rolling. Sareè laughed at her and pulled her up.
"C'mon Aster! Let's play ninja!"
the wide-eyed girl shook her head and backed away. Sareè pouted and grabbed Aster, dragging her over to the field. The girl didn't push or fight.

Sareè let go of Aster and made a Kung Foo stance. She frowned when she saw Aster just staring, observing Sareè.
"C'monnnn!" Sareè urged, complaining.
Aster stared down at her hands and slowly copied Sareè. She brought her hands up and bent her knees into the Karate fighting stance and looked at Sareè with expectation.
'Now what?' she seemed to say with her questioning look.

Sareè launched herself into Aster and tackled her to the ground, then she leapt back up and got into her Karate stance again. Aster blinked at the impact and rubbed her head. She sat up and looked at Sareè, eyes wide and amazed. She got back into the same stance as Sareè and waited. This time when Sareè hurled herself, Aster side stepped and tripped Sareè.

Sareè went sprawling to the ground. Aster giggled and sat on her back.
"Hey!" Sareè protested. She struggled and squirmed, trying to free herself.
"Aster! You fatso! Get off me!" She barked, ordering the purple eyed girl.
Aster, who usually shrunk from yells; hiding and cowering, now laughed at Sareè. She found her rather silly.
Finally she let her go and Sareè sprung up with a smile. She bowed mockingly to Aster,
"Your Highness" she teased.

The two chased each other around, pouncing and tackling. Sareè did a high kick and eagerly looked for Aster's reaction.
"I'm a ninja!" she boasted. Then she summersaulted, singing as she did it.
Aster attempted it too but couldn't make the full roll. Her knee-length chiton had pieces of grass sticking to it as she rolled. Her brown leather sandals were spraying up dirt as she rolled. The gold armlets and cuff bracelets on her arms shone from the sun. The light blazed into Sareè's eyes, making her blind for a moment.

Finally, Aster stood up and smiled. Her hair seemed almost bronze in the glare of the sun, pinned up in a Greek-style bun. The hairs behind her ears fell out of place from her hairdo and framed her face; tickling her jawline. Sareè stared, taken aback. Aster looked like a goddess, with skin the color of fresh olive oil and a brilliant smile.

The the moment was over as a cloud blocked the rays of the sun; ending the golden light. Aster was just Aster again, still smiling at Sareè.
Sareè closed her jaw and decided Aster was her new best friend.

From that moment the two were inseparable. Where there was Sareè, there was Aster; quietly smiling at Sareè's goofiness.
And where there was Aster, there was Sareè; Showing off for a calmning Aster.

When the two girls were approached by their parents, the queen of Skiá, Aster's mother, cried out in horror at Aster's scuffed up body. She turned on Sareè and demanded what she did to her poor Aster. Sareè was the known bully of the first-borns, so this became clear to the queen that her poor child was a victim of her taunts. In return to the demands, a purple-eyed child spoke to her mother,
"We were ninjas"

Both the parents blinked.




© 2019 MidnightKingdom


Author's Note

MidnightKingdom
....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on February 18, 2019
Last Updated on February 18, 2019


Author

MidnightKingdom
MidnightKingdom

The Shadow



About
Aster DiAggelos. Fantasy. Kinda insane. Personality disorder. But mostly fantasy...(?) I'm anti-social and kind of a loner. I rather read a good book than talk to people. I like art and pain.. more..

Writing