I

I

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie

It's not easy living in a town where you're one of the few foxes around. In fact, my entire life living here I have felt like an outcast, just for that reason alone. But, it doesn't really help when you are different when it comes to humor and hobbies aswell. It all started in elementary school. I found a group of foxes who went to school with me and decided to try and become friends with them. I thought, sicne they were foxes aswell, we would automatically become friends. This was not the case. In fact, they practically shunned me from hanging out with them. It doesn't make you feel good when you find practically the only group of foxes in a town and they don't accept you as one of them.
So, mostly during my elementary to middle school years, I pracitcally just hung out in the library. And in there with me there would always be that other guy who would hang out in there all the time aswell. The both of us were pracitcally loners, but yet we never tried to become friends. We both got along well, but yet, for some strange reason, we just never tried to become friends. When I think back to it, we more than likely just felt so left out that we were probably afraid to even try to make friends. Even if it was with our own kind.
Anyway, I was a loner until about high school. Then, I started to hang out with these ag guys about my junior year. I don't know why I ever started hanging out with them in the first place​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. They thought they were the coolest guys on campus. Mostly because oil was stained into their fur and some of it was kind of burnt off from welding. They kept very close with each other and would talk about the same useless stuff day in and day out. And yet, they always liked to make fun of me just because I loved video games and rock music. They called me "Loser" and "Moron" almost everyday. I only really hung out with them because I was tired of being a loner, and I thought maybe putting up with their crap everyday might have them change their minds one day and accept me. But, they never did, and now that I look back on it, it's their loss.
In the group there were three main guys who pretty much stood out among the rest. Their names were Josh, Aaron, and Cameron. Josh was a German Shepard with brown fur that really mixed with the medium length brown hair on his head. He was a ladies man and self proclaimed leader of the group. He thought he was the best looking guy there was and practically used his looks to his advantage. He might be the worst out the three, always putting his looks before his personality, and yet, people still seemed to love hanging out with him. But, I guess when you're hanging out with someone popular, you only care about one thing, and that's your own popularity.
The next guy was Aaron. He was a Husky with white fur and​ ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​short, and I mean short, brown hair. He used to be like me, which is why I liked him. He loved the same things as me. We would both talk about rock music and video games. I thought he was a pretty cool dude. But yet, he turned on me. He started listening to country music and started bringing me down aswell. Always calling me stupid and even went as far as to say the music I listened to was just "loud Devil music". I guess it shows how you can be changed just to try and fit in.
Last but not least, there was Cameron. Cameron was trying his hardest to get into the armed forces. He was​ a a white bulldog with hair that was so short I was never able to figure out what color it was. Almost everyday he had something to say about the Army or Marines. He was always working out and practically had the most muscles on his arms than anyone else I had seen. He has to be the most uninteresting guy I have ever met in my life. But yet, he still liked to make fun of me for liking things that I had interest in. I find that to be very hypocritical personally.
I've been ranting for quite some time now. I think I should tell you a little bit about me now. I, and my family, are practically the only few foxes around. I, myself, am a red fox with medium length dirty blonde hair. It's right between my ears almost to my shoulders. I can't wait until​ it grows longer. I'm also not the most physically fit fox there is. I'm not fat, but yet I'm not skinny at all. I'm quite big if I do say so myself, but not THAT big. Think of like Jack Black, I'm kind of that big. But, I won't let my size ruin my day, because I still love myself and no one can affect that.
In fact, if there's one thing I love the most about myself, it would have to be my tail. It's red-orange like the rest of my body and has a swirvy black line in the middle with a white tip at the end. It's bigger than most tails and is just really fluffly. Which might be the reason why I love it so much. In fact sometimes I catch myself just holding it between my paws just hugging it. I think I would not be able to go on through life in anything even happened to my tail. I might even go so far to say that I love my tail more than life itself. It's just that great of a love I have with it.
Now, on with the story. One day, my life was practically changed forever. After being put down for about 45 minutes one day I was walking to class I saw walking before me, another fox. That's right, another FOX! I was practically in shock. He was an orange-red fox just as me with short to medium length brown hair. He was wearing black pants with a shirt on that said "I'm so PAW-some". At the time I was scared to admit it, but I was really hoping this guy would want to be my friend. I then blurted out really loudly "I like your shirt!" covering up my mouth with my paws, practically ashamed at what I had said. He then turned around and looked at me with a puzzled look on his face.
"What was that you said?" he asked almost smiling now. I knew now that he was going to make fun of me, but I couldn't say anything to make this conversation worse. "I said 'I like your shirt'" very quietly this time. "Hey thanks bud!" he replied very warmly with a smile on his face, "I like your shirt aswell!" I looked down and saw my neon Sonic the Hedgehog shirt that could have been a little bit tighter. "Thanks!" I replied with a big a*s smile on my face. "My name is Alex," he said while extending out his paw, "You?" "Brad," I replied extending out my paw to shake his. I stood there shaking his hand for awhile and I noticed something. My tail was wagging. Very rarely does my tail wag, and I think this means that this guy might actually be a legitimate friend.


© 2010 AtomHeartZombie


Author's Note

AtomHeartZombie
First part. I really would hope to continue working on this story. Feedback is truly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on November 6, 2010
Tags: Furry fox friend revenge comedy


Author

AtomHeartZombie
AtomHeartZombie

Merced, CA



About
I'm just trying to write some stuff that I hope will make people laugh. more..

Writing
II II

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie


I I

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie