*Insert Title Here*

*Insert Title Here*

A Chapter by Pikachu

Chapter One

 

 

Knock, knock, knock, was the sound he heard; than after, a small voice, “Dillon?” asked through the door. “I’m up.” He replied softly, clearing his throat. He heard the door open, and then felt her presence; a light and cheery aura, which was always a pleasure to wake up too. “Good morning,” Ozmaria said, “How’d you sleep?” he could hear her opening the thick curtains as she asked. The sun was just setting over the trees.

 “Err, I’ve had better,” He smiled, he propped his young body up on his elbows. She let out a softly laugh, “I’m sorry I couldn’t be here last night, I had dish duty.” The rattle of his wheelchair sounded on the hardwood flooring.

She rolled it over to the side of his bed. “It’s okay,” He put his ear towards the door, “Where’s Gil?” She glided her hand across his forehead, pushing his hair back, “I don’t know, probably telling Chief to fix something for breakfast.”

He nodded, “Oz, let’s wait for him.” She giggled, “Hush silly, you don’t weight that much. I can get you in your chair.” Her left hand went underneath his armpit, as her right hand went to his lower back. With her help, he sat up the rest of the way.

He smiled at her, “Oz, just wait,” She rolled her eyes, “Come on, don’t be a baby,” her ten year old body lifted his upper body off of the bed. His arms went around her neck, as one of her arms pulled his chair to them. The chair foot peg hit her shin, sending a shock of pain up her leg. “Ah,” She yelped, her legs giving out; sending her and Dillon hit the floor.

They were both lying on their sides, four inches from each other; her hand was on his arm. “Oh my gosh, are you okay Dillon?” Ozmaria said.   Dillon laughed; his eyes opened and glancing blindly straight forward, the film over his eyes a milky white, “You worry too much.” Oz smiled sadly at him, she always did when he look aimlessly at her.

Dillon was a blind paraplegic eleven year old and Ozmaria was his care taker. Even though she was just a year younger, she kept him company and helped him with his normal life. Her light red-ish brown hair fell in soft waves around her face; her dark brown eyes had flecks of gold.

“Dillon!” Gilbert yelled, running in, “Ozmaria!” Oz sat up, “Over here.” She waved him over. Gil looked over to the side of bed, seeing his master on the floor, “Oz, you’re supposed to wait for me!” He said sternly.

 His white hair was long straight on his neck with layers of white covering his forehead and ears. His yellow eyes looked from Ozmaria to Dillon, and then back to Ozmaria, “What were you thinking? You could have hurt him,” Gil scowled her as he picked Dillon up. Gil, like Ozmaria, was a caretaker of Dillon, more alone the lines of a servant.

Dillon smiled, “Gil, don’t be so hard on her. It’s not like I can feel it.” Gil looked at him, “Your right,” he sat Dillon in his chair, turning holding a hand out to Ozmaria, “I’m sorry. I know you just want to help.” She took his hand and stood up, “It’s okay.”

She smiled brightly at him then looked at Dillon, “Come on, let’s see what Chief cooked up.” She walked behind him, grabbing the handle bars, rolling him out of the door. “Let’s take a short cut,” Oz yelled, “No!” Dillon answered, with a hue of laughter in his voice.

Gil stood by the bed, smiling, staring after them. “How can he be such a happy kid?” A deep voice said from a doorway in the corner of the room. Gil looked towards the voice, “Lord Dmitri?” Gil acknowledged.

“I wonder how he will feel when he turns sixteen,” Lord Dmitri walked to the center of the room, “Derrick will be sixteen tonight, you know,” his soft green eyes held so much wisdom. His long black hair was tied between his shoulder blades, with his ears and some of his forehead being covered by black locks of curls.

“I know,” Gil looked at him, “I think he will finally have a life after the transition, but it’ll take him some getting use too,” Dmitri smiled at him, “I adore your honesty.” Lord Dmitri walked to the door and looked over his shoulders, “Ozmaria’s father called me this afternoon,” He paused and swallowed the lump in his throat, “He will be here at dawn to get her. He said things were going great in New York, so he’s able to take her back with him.”

Gil’s throat went dry, “What?” he heard him, but he wished he hadn’t. Dmitri frowned and stepped into the hallway, “We’ll let them spend a few hours together, then tell her.” Gil walked behind him, “Dillon won’t like this,” Dillon’s father smiled, “None of us like this, but we can’t stop it.”

Gil frowned, “I know, but Dillon is closer to Oz than any of us,” Dmitri held up his hand, “I also know that, but maybe this is for the better,” he started too walked down the hallway, “It will teach him not to lean on humans as much.”

 

- - - - -

 

            Dillon was beside the fire, the warmth of the flames on his upper body relaxed him. Oz was sitting on the couch, the remote in hand. “What do you want to watch Dillon?” she asked gently. She knew he would be able see it, but he enjoy listening to the television. “Hmm, put it on the music channel,” he smiled aimlessly in the direction of TV.

            She flipped it to the music channel were some classical music was playing. She looked over to Dillon. His short black hair was curled at the ends slightly. She didn’t know his actually eye color, no one did. He had always had a milky white film over his eyes. He looked a lot like his father, just a boy-ish verison.

            She smiled at him, just as Skyler came running in. The six year old stop right in front of Oz, her smile seemed to brighten the whole room, “Guess what Ozzy?!” she sounded excited. Her light blonde curls bounced when she walked and turned her head like this; it only made her bright blue eyes shine even more.

            “What is it?” Oz smiled at she looked at her. “Your daddy is coming tonight!” Skyler’s voice was loud and excited. Skyler was so ignorant about things, but she was only six.

 Her father was a business man, she didn’t know what he did, but he was gone most of the time. He told her that things weren’t going so well we’re he worked, that she was going to stay with the Reaves. That was four years ago. But Lord Dmitri took her in as his own daughter; it was her idea to work for free, since he was paying for her food and shelter. He was always up front and open with her, unlike the other royals.

The Reaves were one of the exclusive royal families. Royal families are some of the most powerful and prosperous people in the world. Are they king and queens? No. Are they another type of regal species? Yes. To be completely honest, they are vampires, but not the vampires you know.

They can survive in sunlight, they don’t kill to drink, and they aren’t the creatures of the night you grew up fearing. Vampires are born vampires; meaning the drinking of the blood and great vision and smell, but they don’t come into their vampy tendencies until the age sixteen; which only means the strength, speed, agility, etc.

It’s a whole mess of stuff that Dmitri had to tell Ozmaria. She did take care of Dillon, the most sensitive case of The Transformation because of his condition. On normal occasions, The Transformation would take approximately three hours of less. But it’s estimated that Dillon’s transformation will be a lot longer and more painfully since his disabilities.

            Ozmaria’s face was full of shock, “Where did you hear that?” Gil and Dmitri glided into to living room, “Daddy and Gil was talking about it upstairs,” She pointed at the two men. Ozmaria shot a look at them, “Is it true?” She asked.

            Dillon tensed slightly, “Oz…” Gil stepped forward, “Oz, it’s not like that…” Dmitri cut him off, “I need to discuss it with you Ozmaria.” The room fell quiet. Dillon looked around; trying to sense what was going on.

            Ozmaria walked to Dmitri. His hand went to her back, leading her to his office across the hall from the living room. Once inside of the office, Dmitri shut the door behind them. Ozmaria turned and looked at him, “I’m not going.”Dmitri smiled sadly, “Ozmaria, you have too. He is your legal�"“She cut him off, “Legal nothing. I’m not going. I’ve lived with you for four years; you’re as much as of father as he is.”

Tears stung in her eyes, her hands were sweaty with nerves. She sat in a chair in front of desk. The room had a dark heavy feeling, with dark mahogany wood and thick red curtains on the windows. The chair has black leather on the back and sat, matched with more of the wood. The chair seemed to swallow her small frame. 

Dmitri kneeled down in front of her, “Ozmaria, I’m sorry. But you have to,” His hand went to her cheek, “Don’t worry about us, will be fine; no doubt we will miss you,” He pulled her into his arms. Dmitri’s large, muscular arms wrapped around her ten year old body, squeezing briefly, then pushed her back; arms length, “You’ll be fine, and you can always visit.”  

“But I don’t want to just visit!” Her voice rose slightly as she stood up in front of him, “Can’t I just tell him that I don’t want to go?” She pleaded, “Please Dmitri,” she whispered, tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Dmitri stood up, regaining his composer, “Ozmaria, I’m sorry, but you have to go, not just because of your father, but for Dillon’s sake,” His voice was strong and deep.

Oz’s face turned upwards, “What do you mean for Dillon’s sake? I’m here for Dillon…” She trailed off. Dmitri walked away from her to his bookcase, not wanting to look into the face of the child’s heart he was about to shatter, “Yes, for Dillon’s sake. Dillon is too dependent on you, Ozmaria. The two of you need to be separated before he changes,” Dmitri’s eyes turned to hers, “It must be done.”

Oz’s body felt numb. She had stopped breathing, and swore that her heart stopped too. She couldn’t speak. She couldn’t think. Dmitri walked to the door; “We must go back out now,” His green eyes had darkened. He hated being firm with the people he cared about, but it was to get the point across. “I do not want you to tell Dillon what we discussed; it would cause him distress,” She opened the door, the light brightening up the once dark room, “Please, for his sake.”

 

 { Very Unfinished. }



© 2012 Pikachu


Author's Note

Pikachu
This story hit close to home. I had a childhood best friend whose name I won't say, but he was like Dillon, minus this vampire part, and we would always talk about who awesome it would be for him to just wake up one morning and be able to see and walk like everyone esle. He died at the age of 11. So I deicided to keep his life going with this book. I hope you enjoy! :)



**I'm not sure what the title is yet. It will be named once I write a few more chapters probably. If you have an idea, pleaase tell me. :) **

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looks like a interesting story :)
Keep going :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a sad story for your friend... It's very nice of you to keep his spirit alive in a book. I'm sure he's smiling in heaven because of such a dedicated friend.
An impressive beginning for a book. I agree with MOON, this is a great piece and a wonderful tribute, and I can't wait to read the next chapter and see if Oz will find a way to get out of leaving.
Keep up the great work! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pikachu

11 Years Ago

Thanks. :) I'll keep you posted.
Gretchen Clarke

11 Years Ago

Yay! Thanks!
Lovely write and great tribute to a friend. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pikachu

11 Years Ago

Thanks. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012


Author

Pikachu
Pikachu

Wouldn't you like to know. ;), AL



About
I'm just a normal girl. I have a less then normal personality. I'm a novelist, also short storys. My ideas come from my subconscience mind, dreams, and my past/present. I have had a hard life, you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Japanese Cherry


Tic Toc Tic Toc

A Story by SamanthaMarie