I'll Forget (Chp. 2)

I'll Forget (Chp. 2)

A Chapter by Evanora les Elise
"

Yesterday we were 28, the next day we just turned 18.

"
I woke up in my bed. In my house. Feeling different.
"Wake up!" My mother said. She was shaking me.
"What day is it?" I asked. Squinting because there was a lot of light in the room. Wait...I had moved out if my parents' house when I was twenty-one.
"It's New Year's Day!" She smiled down at me.
"What year?" I looked up at her confused.
"2002- I mean 2003 now!" She looked at me worriedly. "Why? Do you feel okay?" She put her hand to my forehead.
"Yeah, I'm fine mom." I told her.
"Now get up, get dressed, and meet me downstairs for breakfast."
"Okay..." I waited for her to leave. Then I rolled out of bed. I entered my bathroom. Washed my face and dried off...then looked into the mirror.
I almost fainted. It was me, just not me. It was a younger version. Instead of having the straight, combed hair that I always wore for the office, I had a huge nest of messy hair that was sporting "bed head". I felt thinner and maybe an inch shorter. I had some stubble on my face, so I decided to shave.
I opened the drawer and found a razor. It fell out if my hands.
Was I this clumsy, I thought.
And I looked down at my hands. They had no scratches and were actually rather soft. Then, I changed clothes. I opened up a few drawers. Clothes were bundled everywhere. I couldn't find a button-up shirt. Instead, I found a lot of black t-shirts, jeans, boxer-shorts, and a few basketball and soccer jerseys.
Did I always dress this sloppy? I asked myself.
This time I opened up the closet, searching for a decent shirt. All the way in the back i found a blue plaid shirt.
I guess this'll do, I thought. After that I searched for a pair of pants. All I found was: shorts, loose pants, and a...skirt. Okay that definetly wasn't mine. Finally, I found a pair of dark, straight jeans. I changed and went downstairs.
"Mom, what's for breakfast?" I asked.
"Bacon and eggs." She brought over a plate. She scrunched her eyebrows. "Honey, why are you wearing decent clothes?"
"Decent?"
"I mean, you always seem to where the same thing everyday. And you hate button-up shirts."
"Oh." I finished breakfast quickly. "Okay, I have to go now. Bye." I kissed her i. The cheek.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm gonna take a walk in the park." I called to her as I walked out the front door. I lived only a few blocks away from the park where that fortune teller lady gave me those coins, well according to this year. I walked the few blocks and ran to the well.
There was not a lot of people at the park yet, so I called out to the woman.
"Hey! Magical coin giving lady! Show yourself!"
"Back so soon, lover boy?" She said. She came from behind the trees again. Only this time she looked ten years younger.
"Yes. I'm here." I told her.
"You look younger, more boyish." She said.
"I noticed, you look younger too. How old are you?"
"Never ask a woman's age, boy."
"Sorry."
"Where's that lady?" She asked. I slapped my forehead.
"I haven't seen her yet." I said.
"Hmm. Guess what?"
"What?"
"I've done more looking into her mind. She broke up with you because she caught you with another girl."
"Yeah." I looked down at the ground.
"And you didn't even try to explain yourself. What the hell were you thinking, sonny!" She scolded.
"I just...I just blacked out. She left and I didn't even get to say goodbye.." I said sadly.
"Yeah, well that's why your here. You wished to fix the past, and to get back what you lost. And I know that's the girl you're talking about."
"Yes. You're right." I admitted.
"Oh I almost forgot."
"What?"
"There is a catch!"
"I just asked you that yesterday! Well technically speaking- ten years from now. But what is it?"
"In order to fix your mistakes, you must lose your memory of what happened this year. So, you won't be able to know what you did and how you could fix it."
"How's that supposed to help me fix my past."
"It isn't. I just gave you another chance."
"Umm...fair enough."
"Yes."
"So when will I lose my memory exactly?"
"Well," she lifted her hand. "Right about now." And she rested her hand on my shoulder.



What am I doing in the park? I asked myself. I looked around me, there was no one.
Hmmm, I'll just go home, I thought.
And I started walking back. I put my hands in my pocket and started to move along. A few minutes later, I was still staring at the ground while walking. Accidentally, I bumped into something.
"Ow!" That something turned out to be someone. It was a girl, about my age. She stared at me for a while, kind of in a surprised and terrified way.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking." I apologised.
"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking ahead of myself either." She spoke with an English accent. She was pretty. She had long, curly brown hair, pink lips, big blue eyes, and delicate hands. She looked like she was in a hurry. She rushed past me.

So, I continued to walk again. Going all the way home.



© 2013 Evanora les Elise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loving it so far. Keep going I like the plot of this story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Evanora les Elise
Evanora les Elise

Doncaster, Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello. I enjoy writing-it can be a passion, a hobby, or just one of those things that people do because they're good at it. So basically, I like to write- end of story. And I also believe th.. more..

Writing
Ch.1 Ch.1

A Chapter by Evanora les Elise