I'm Lily, and I Can't See the Wind (Chp. 3)

I'm Lily, and I Can't See the Wind (Chp. 3)

A Chapter by Evanora les Elise
"

Lily starts to talk

"
AGHHHHH!!! If I ever see that-that man again!!! UGH! I swear- he's screwed!
But.....
I can't hate him........
I already love him.....

Okay, so; Hi. I'm Lily, Lily Everard. My life has just been completely interfered with.
First, I wake up 28. Then I go to a meeting. Then I meet him again. Then we walk in the park. Then I wake up 18. Oh my. And I think I know why. The gypsy lady in the park said that I was just sleeping. In reality, she kept me awake...so I could Listen to what she was saying.
This morning, though:

"Ms. Everard, your father had arranged a breakfast with you." My-no, not my maid- my helper, Bailey, woke me up.
"Bailey," I looked around the room. It was a little childish. Why? Wait-Bailey had moved to Chicago about two years ago. We threw a party for her, I still remember that. "Um, where am I?"
"At home." She looked at me.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"10:56."
I sat up. "I meant...what year?"
"2003, now. It's January first."
My eyes widened.
"Wait, um actually never mind. Okay, I'll get dressed."
After I finished putting on clothes, I quickly walked down the stairs. I entered the dining room.
"Ah, my darling." My father rose from his chair.
"Good morning, daddy." I said. We hugged.
"Join me for a New Years breakfast." He smiled.
"Okay."
We ate, about fifteen minutes alter we had finished. I was thinking about how I was 18 again.
"I'm going to go now." My father told me. "I'll be at the office." He kissed me on the cheek and left. I did too.
I figured I go to the park. That was where I remember passing out, then I woke up like this. Not bad, I felt....skinnier. Anyways, I grabbed my keys and ran into the garage. I started the car and drove the five miles to the park.
I parked the car and ran. Going up that hill and almost to the well-where I had passed out-i bumped into a boy.
"Ow!" I yelped-i didn't know why, I was the one who bumped into him.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking." He apologised. I stared at him for a bit, it probably freaked him out.
But, it was an 18 year old Brendan June. His hair was longer and his face still had a boyish look to it, not yet a man.
"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking ahead of myself either." I said. We started walking again, going separate ways.
At the top of the hill, I spotted the well. Sitting on the bench next to the well was that gypsy lady, or fortune teller lady because she was wearing that turban thing.
"Miss! Miss!" I called to her. She turned around, smiled and waved to me.
"Oh hello young lady!" Emphasis on 'young'.
"What did you do?" I asked.
"Gave that young man his wish." She smiled. Emphasis on 'young' again.
"Being younger was his wish!"
"No, fixing his past."
"And you just gave it to him?"
"Yes."
"C'mon, there has to be a catch to that wish."
She nodded her head. "He lost his memory." That's why he didn't recognise me, I thought.
"But what about my wish? I wished too you know." I told her.
"You wished for love." She said.
"Yes. I did. Now what?"
"Now you have it."
"I don't get it."
"Your only love was him." Her words hung in the air for a bit. Memories flooded back into my mind.
"You're right." I admitted, looking at the ground.
"But he ruined it."
"Yeah, he did."
"Come, sit down dear." I sat on the bench.
"I told that boy that he'd lose his memory to fix his past. And now he doesn't remember anything."
"Why would you do that?"
"I am giving him another chance. See if he can do the right thing."
"But how will that work out?"
"Well, he lost his memory. And this is the year you two met, right?"
"Right."
"And you wished for love right?"
"Uhuh."
"But..I'm letting you keep your memory. You can help him decide what to do, when the time comes."
"Oh. Well thanks."
"Yeah."
"Or?"
"Or...you could decide not to know him. You could meet someone else."
"But I still have my memory."
"And that's why it wouldn't be right."
"So, you're saying that I should give him another chance. I should stay with him...because I love him?"
"If it were me. Yes. But, it's up to you." She told me.
I didn't know what to do. He hurt me, yes. But, did I even give him enough time to explain himself? No, I almost hit him with a car. Then, I moved back to London. I..I think I know what to do.
"Yes. I'll stay with him." I closed my eyes. The lady took my hand.
"Honey, just makes sure that he doesn't do anything stupid-again."
I laughed. "Okay. I'll make sure."
"Okay, now go on." I got up.
"Goodbye." I said. She smiled. Then I walked away.






© 2013 Evanora les Elise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can totally relate to this. XD If only this could happen in real life. OF course, if everyone could make a wish, then it would be disastrous. This piece of writing is wonderful. I like how you changed to Lily's point of view. it gives the reader a balanced thought about the characters. I also like the way you structured this writing. Your writing style is unique and it attracts a lot of attention. I also like the plot of this story, but that could be just me. ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Evanora les Elise
Evanora les Elise

Doncaster, Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello. I enjoy writing-it can be a passion, a hobby, or just one of those things that people do because they're good at it. So basically, I like to write- end of story. And I also believe th.. more..

Writing
Ch.1 Ch.1

A Chapter by Evanora les Elise