"A proposal..."

"A proposal..."

A Story by B MacGregor
"

A proposal of love from someone unworthy, but kind.

"

A Proposal

 

I’ve struggled with this statement for as long as I can remember. All those years, I watched others show their love, their affection, their proposals, and their commitments. I listened to how others showed their faith in someone besides themselves. 

 

I studied the young and the old--couples that escorted each other. I saw how they shared every aspect of their lives together.  It was touching and humbling.  From all of this, in a small town, I have learned a great deal about love and adoration. I’ve learned that love is a feeling, and it is a feeling that follows me everywhere.  It becomes a part of who am I and where I want to go.

 

I have learned many things.

 

I’ve learned that love is history.  It’s the history that we both share.  It’s the familiarity we have with each other. I know who you are and who you want to be. This is comforting to me.

 

It's our respect for each other.  It is the respect I have for someone other than myself.  It’s when I am willing to give and risk all for your happiness.  It is the respect that I have for your intelligence.  It is the comfort I find in the depth of your soul.  It shapes me.

 

Love is wanting.  It's how I want to awake every morning as to not miss a single day of your smile, your laughter, and above all else your hope.  It's how I want to make you smile. How I want to show you signs of hope, courage, respect, and adoration. It's how I want to be more confident and courageous despite all obstacles and barriers.  I want to be better.

 

Love is the faith that I have in a better tomorrow by building it today… with you.  It is the faith you lend me when I have none of my own.  It is the faith you inspire when I need it the most.  It is the faith that you instill when you encourage me to pursue my own dreams and my own goals. 

 

It's the faith that you want me to be happy. It's my feeling when you promise a better world. It's the belief I have in you to deliver it.  God bless.

 

Love is a willingness to listen and to learn.  Love is patience to hear and listen to what you say, even when you don’t have the words to express it. Love is paying more attention to how you say something than what you say. 

 

I still want to learn from you. I still want to listen.  Although we may not be alone at all times, love is the way you are the center of my thoughts, always a part of me.  Love is the way I see you through all these years of sharing our lives together.  I see you when I look upon the faces of others.  I see you when I see the world around me.  I see you when I make each and every decision in my life. 

 

Love is serving as a memory for someone else.  It is serving as the human reminder.  We seek people to love us, because we want to record our lives in their thoughts.  We want to be remembered. Remembrance is immortal.  Our name will be whispered from the lips of those that adored us.  It will be whispered until their last memory fades and they eventually depart. 

 

I hope that you know this about me as I know this about you. I will remember the blue flecks of gold in your eyes when everyone else has forgotten your name.  I will remember your smile.  I will remember everything there is to know about you. I will tell great stories of your battles and your victories. You will be a legend when all else has fallen. I will remember when all else is forgotten.

 

What more can we leave behind than our legacy of emotions and experiences? If I were to die, would you tell my story?  Would you make the effort?  Would you remember?  What words would you use to describe my love and devotion? And who would listen?

 

Love is more than a word, more than a statement.  It's more than a mere interpretation. Laws, rules, passages, and beliefs are meaningless to what is between and among us. And although I don’t need or require permission, it has reminded me what I do need.

 

You strengthen me with hope and this alone is reason enough to beg, ask, pledge and promise.  My loyalty is yours.

 

Share your life with me?

 

  

© 2010 B MacGregor


Author's Note

B MacGregor
Just remember the dog when you use this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poetic Voice is Announcing the first Poetic Voice Cash Prize Contest for Poetry. Awards will be given to the writers who submit for consideration the most outstanding poems within the context of Poetry and Word Art.



http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, you know what I'll say- beautiful. Great thoughts about Love indeed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, what a great declaration of feelings. Well done B, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010
Tags: Love, proposal, engagement, promise, romance

Author

B MacGregor
B MacGregor

IA



About
Mixed breed with a chocolate muzzle. more..

Writing