It's Raining

It's Raining

A Poem by Dezaraye

Listen.
Can you hear the rain pitter pattering against the pavement?
It's tracing down the windows ...
slowly, slowly,
and then all at once a streak zipping to its death on the pane below.
 
It's hammering against my coat, cold seeping through the down, making me shiver ...
and I can't stop shaking.
It's echoing in my mind ...
endlessly ...
d
  r
    i
      p
 
 
      d
    r
  o
p
 
 
d
  r
    i
      p
 
 
      d
    r
  o
p
 
Make it stop.
 
It's beautiful at the same time it's not.
It's hurting my ears at the same time it's comforting my soul.
It's washing away my tears and creating them at the same time.
 
It's raining outside today ...
 
It's raining inside today.

© 2008 Dezaraye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I personally love the rain. It is one of the only times I truly sleep well. not sure if it is the hypnotic thumps or knowing that the earth is in a way bathing to become refreshed and anew for us all to witness new world the next day.

This was perfectly flowing and a deep underlying life of it own. I really enjoyed this piece alot.


Great Job!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The interior and exterior aspects of rain. I guess I've thought of it before while it's raining, but I can't say that I've ever seen it written about so eloquently as here. I love the idea of a droplet falling to its death. Perhaps it was a suicide. Is rain happy? Interesting ideas running through my head now. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"It's raining outside today
It'sraining inside today"

What a profoud ending to this piece...so many times I find my emotions echo the weather or, maybe it is vice versa? lol. a creative piece....more about the state of our soul than the rain. nice.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really dug the feel of this piece. You really capture what it feels like to be stranded in the cold rain. It works on both a literal and a metaphorical plane. Nice writing!
Peace,
Chris

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

alot of people write about rain but not like this
you did a good job expressing yourself in this peice
not alot of writers do express themselves
sarah

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I can't resist a "rain" write as cliched as they can often be and so i had to read this one. I am glad i did..simple words creating clear images and creating atmosphere. I love a poem that can create atmosphere( i think its a difficult skill) and so i love this little poem. Julian

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a really beautiful write...I love the way you describe the confilct you have with rain.. Excellent work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rin
I like how you liked the rain, but yet didn't like it and how it soothed you yet annoyed you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful way to express how the rain can make you feel. Thank you for sharing. debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a deeply sorrowful piece, of feeling wet outside and crying inside so your drowned in water..........
The descriptions of the falling rain, and the imagary are lovely, I would suggest maybe using
drip drop as a falling word
d
r
i
p

etc, to give that feeling of rain falling as well as the down fall of tears from within.
This is a very strong piece, very lonely and sad though, with much underlying emotion.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's stunning Dezaraye, I could identify easily with your love/hate relationship here. It's dreary yet wonderful...the latter for me of course because of the drought...
No comma after the second (slowly)
Try; It's beautiful, but at the same time it's not...or...It's both beautiful and unsettling...
It's hurting my ears, yet comforting my soul ...
Great observation and thinking power...simple yet effective...get my drift????
Helen xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

655 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye