It's Raining

It's Raining

A Poem by Dezaraye

Listen.
Can you hear the rain pitter pattering against the pavement?
It's tracing down the windows ...
slowly, slowly,
and then all at once a streak zipping to its death on the pane below.
 
It's hammering against my coat, cold seeping through the down, making me shiver ...
and I can't stop shaking.
It's echoing in my mind ...
endlessly ...
d
  r
    i
      p
 
 
      d
    r
  o
p
 
 
d
  r
    i
      p
 
 
      d
    r
  o
p
 
Make it stop.
 
It's beautiful at the same time it's not.
It's hurting my ears at the same time it's comforting my soul.
It's washing away my tears and creating them at the same time.
 
It's raining outside today ...
 
It's raining inside today.

© 2008 Dezaraye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I personally love the rain. It is one of the only times I truly sleep well. not sure if it is the hypnotic thumps or knowing that the earth is in a way bathing to become refreshed and anew for us all to witness new world the next day.

This was perfectly flowing and a deep underlying life of it own. I really enjoyed this piece alot.


Great Job!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like the rain to fall alsleep to also . i love to keep the beat.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow Dezaraye, this is a wonderful write. I like the way you used imagery to make the reader feel as if they are there, inside your' poem. You certainly do express your' feelings very well. I enjoyed reading this, very much! Great comparrisons on the rain being nice, and not so nice. Exceptionally penned my friend...Hugz...Jillian

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful juxtaposition at the end; you can tell who is really reading the words rather than skimming them with those two lines, they're so similar but show two complete opposites of a single concept. Very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love rain! I could feel the shiver you felt in you poem. Let me know next time, I will lend you my umbrella :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A nice description of the rain outside. Sorry that it's raining inside too, but it will stop and after the rain there always comes the most beautiful clear sunshine. 2 Sam 23:4

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I can hear the rain when your very talented little self describes it so well! I love the rain when I'm warm and toasty sitting - inside. I have a hard time driving in it...

I love lightening storms - I will sit outside for those!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm listening....and I can hear the rain. I can hear the pitter patter against the window pane. I can feel the cold chill...i love rain...don't get enough of it here in the desert and your descriptive piece makes me long for more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Make it stop. Or let it rain. Sometimes we need to get really dirty to appreciate a good, hot shower. And sometimes we need to stand a little rain to enjoy to the fullest a bright day full of sunshine.

THE DAY is done, and the darkness
Falls from the wings of Night,
As a feather is wafted downward
From an eagle in his flight.

I see the lights of the village 5
Gleam through the rain and the mist,
And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me
That my soul cannot resist:

A feeling of sadness and longing,
That is not akin to pain, 10
And resembles sorrow only
As the mist resembles the rain.

Come, read to me some poem,
Some simple and heartfelt lay,
That shall soothe this restless feeling, 15
And banish the thoughts of day.

Not from the grand old masters,
Not from the bards sublime,
Whose distant footsteps echo
Through the corridors of Time. 20

For, like strains of martial music,
Their mighty thoughts suggest
Life's endless toil and endeavor;
And to-night I long for rest.

Read from some humbler poet, 25
Whose songs gushed from his heart,
As showers from the clouds of summer,
Or tears from the eyelids start;
. . . Longfellow (if you should want to read the rest.)

You write such beautiful prose and poetry. Straight from your heart. It's always a gift to visit your words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love, love, LOVE the last two lines. They totally make the entire poem! And I get the whole concept of it "raining inside". It rains in me a lot....lol. Great poem girl! A wonderful read!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this. Whenever I ride in a car when it's raining I like to watch the water droplets dash across the windows and I trace my finger along them and sometimes we race. I deffinately like the stacatto lines and how the lines varied in length. It's very nicely done, not the jibberjabber super short one word lines some people try. The last line is great. It really ties the whole poem together and gives it more meaning. The rain makes me sad sometimes, and the next time it rains I'll probably think of this poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

655 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye