Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Pen The Willows

Nina walked with a brisk air about her. Kate could tell she didn’t want to be disturbed. What Kate couldn’t tell was the truth. She couldn’t tell Nina what had happened that night. It felt years ago, but had only been a few weeks ago. Of course, Kate wanted to tell Nina. But there were many problems.

1.  Nina wouldn’t listen.

2.  Nina wouldn’t believe her.

3.  She had been sworn to secrecy.

4.  Nina would hate Kate, if she did believe her.

            The fourth reason was why Kate didn’t go up to Nina right then and there. She was afraid. In her hideaway, she pulled out her diary. It would take hours, she knew. She would get cramps. She’d get hungry, thirsty and tired. But she would do it. Of course, when she finished, she’d be killed. But this was the only way Nina would ever find out. She hoped Nina would understand, and would forgive her spirit. Before she started, she wrote her will.

 To all my friends and family, this only happened because someone had to know. I leave my diary to Nina. May she please understand, and forgive me so that my spirit will rest in peace. Because I wrote down my story, I broke my oath. I told someone, so I was killed. But don’t worry, Nina. My diary didn’t swear, nor did you. You will not be killed. No one may read my story until Nina has finished. The division of my worldly possessions is found in my story. Please forgive me, Nina. I didn’t mean for this to happen.

                                  Sadly,

              Katelyn Windsor

She then opened her diary, grabbed her pencil, and started writing.


© 2010 Pen The Willows


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 13, 2010
Last Updated on July 13, 2010


Author

Pen The Willows
Pen The Willows

WA



About
I'm 18 years old and I'm in my sophomore year of college. Most of the writings archived on here are from when I was in middle school and high school, and they aren't really very good. I wasn't going t.. more..

Writing