Using Thesaurus (Supposedly)

Using Thesaurus (Supposedly)

A Chapter by Bardy

Series: Response to Statement to Me
Date: November 15, 2019
Created by: Me

"It sounds like you look through a thesaurus before writing a comment and nothing flows."

I don't. However, how is that a bad thing if I actually did? I was called a wordsmith by my old mentor before he passed away. Not my fault you happen to be s**t with words. I can't for the life of me understand how you think saying this is an insult. I think its more along the lines of being a compliment. You make it sound like I take a lot of time looking over what I say so the sentences are nice and neat. Anyone that reads anything I say knows I focus a lot more on substance than anything else. Might have to start doing that though.

In fact, the simplier the words used, the better off you are because it's easier for people to grasp what you're trying to get across. It is also recommended you stick to one or two syllable words. This is according to the writing books I've read, of course.

This reminds me of the now famous MGK line to Eminem in his Rape Devil diss:
"F****n’ dweeb, all you do is read the dictionary and stay inside"

Eminem and I are getting attacked for loving words, enjoy writing (in our own way) and looking for new ways to expand our vocabulary. Again, how is that a bad thing?
People even said in relation to Eminem, "I wish I could get paid millions to read the dictionary."
😁😁

Finally, I personally see it as a contradiction saying I look through the thesaurus and nothing supposedly flowing. As the thesaurus can help make the structure of the sentence flow more smoothly than without it. What a complete mess. You obviously didn't think this one through. At all. The only thing that doesn't flow is your thought process.


© 2020 Bardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on January 24, 2020
Last Updated on January 24, 2020


Author

Bardy
Bardy

About
You will find all my posts are either random thoughts I've had, things I've had said to people in conversation, memories of the past or questions that I wonder about. more..

Writing
Extension of Me Extension of Me

A Chapter by Bardy


I Can't Help Myself I Can't Help Myself

A Chapter by Bardy