Make It Stop.

Make It Stop.

A Story by Basma Hesham
"

It's realistic.

"

Today I got the news. One of my brother’s friends died committing suicide. They say that he threw himself from the 8th floor. His bones got out of his body, and his body was completely ruined.

The witness who saw him doing it said that he kept pacing back and forth around the place he jumped from, before he made the move.

Thinking about it makes my heart ache. I wonder what he was thinking of before jumping?

Was he thinking about his mother? I can’t help imagining her reaction when she got the news. Maybe she still thinks that people around her are just fooling her, a dirty trick but she has to be patient until they tell her that it’s just a joke, and he’s coming back home late, as he does every single day.

Maybe she’s lost her mind, thinking that the person she gave her everything to see at his best always, decided to leave her at his own will, without a goodbye, without even saying a word.

Maybe he was thinking about how big his struggles are, and how they became too much for him to handle. The mountains he saw in front of his eyes blinded him from seeing the bright sun that’s waiting for him to see. All he needed was a little more patience, but he didn’t wanna fight anymore. He believed he couldn’t, so he didn’t.

And then comes the religious part. Yes, sometimes our faith shakes and we wish we could just die at once to end our sorrow. Mostly, we wish to sleep and never wake up again, because it’s less painful. And it’s also just a wish, not an attempt so God doesn’t punish us, and it wouldn’t be our choice. Briefly, Sometimes the fear of God’s anger stops us from doing anything stupid and reckless.

And sometimes Faith is what makes us strong. We know that no matter how much it gets darker, the light will eventually shine, and everything will be just fine.

The case of that young man is still confusing me. What did he go through in life that forced him to let go of every single lesson he’s learned, and the faith he had? What made the Devil be so damn strong to persuade him to give up on the only hope he’s got, and his own one life?

© 2012 Basma Hesham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire your willingness to tackle major themes. However, this is not a story for me. It's akin to a meditation or a musing. The protagonist (is it the narrator? the suicide victim?) needs to actively pursue a goal and then succeed or fail.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2012
Last Updated on December 11, 2012
Tags: Suicide death hope

Author

Basma Hesham
Basma Hesham

Cairo, Egypt



About
I am myself's biggest enemy. Yes, I am that crazy. a dentist-to-be , a writer-to-be. more..

Writing