Until our Paths cross ..

Until our Paths cross ..

A Story by Basma Hesham
"

This is my first trial to write something romantic, your opinions are needed. :)

"
It was one of that moments when she felt like it was the end of the world. Everything seemed suddenly so dark, and her tears couldn't stop flooding no matter how hard she tried to hold them in.

She was humiliated by her professor, right in front of the entire class. He kept insulting her, accusing her of being empty-headed and dumb, just because she failed to answer one of his sudden not-course-related questions. She heard one of her colleagues laughing. It was too much for her sensitive self to handle.
She took the first chance and ran out of the class. She just couldn't stand being here anymore. All she could possibly think of was the fact that everybody would consider her dumb for the rest of her college years. Nobody would want to talk to her anymore. Her mind is so good at making everything sound bigger that it already is.

She was tired of running, she stopped to take a breath and find a place to sit.
She found that seat she always loved to sit on. It has a good view on the campus of her university, and also not everybody can see her. It was the perfect place to hide.
She searched her purse for a tissue. She was all alone over there, all her friends were in that class, and she had literally no one to talk to.
She looked around, and noticed the only thing that could make this all fade away, without a word, without an act, with just a look. It was him.

Her eyes stopped right at the sight of him. He was standing there, holding a sketch and drawing something only his eyes could see beautiful. She smiled at the thought. Yes, it was only he who could see her beautiful.


He turned around, like he sensed her thoughts somehow, and noticed her.


He felt a shiver down his back when he noticed that she was crying. He hated how much he felt helpless, as he couldn't take one step closer to her. He knew the promise they made.

When she noticed him, she picked her bag and brought something out. It was the drawing he made her, just to tell her how he felt. It was the thing that could lighten her heart no matter what's going on around. It was a beautiful lily, too beautiful that she couldn't see anything like it in her life. And underneath it he wrote :

“Until our paths cross in time, keep it close.“


She didn't know how he found out about her passion of lilies. Maybe he noticed her picking up a lily she found accidentally on the side of the road. She didn't know. All she could possibly know is that the second she received the drawing, her mind dropped dead. All the words that had kept flooding in her head for a long time, suddenly got frozen. She lost her ability to think, feel or even realize that this is actually reality.

It sounded like a dream. It WAS a dream. She remembered all the times she caught herself wondering whether he knew she existed. She always thought so low of herself that she believed for a long while that she was invisible. That's until she received the drawing.


She was sitting in her favorite spot when she got this drawing. She felt someone coming closer but she ignored it. She got lost for a second in the book she was reading, until she noticed a paper lying there next to her. She caught it before it got drifted by the wind, and saw it. She scanned the place around to see who put it there, and she only noticed a tall boy running away, It wasn't so long till she recognized it was actually him.


He thought he only expressed his feelings and dropped the weight off his chest, but to her that was the start of an eternity of happiness.


She held the drawing, stared at it and took a deep breath. With every inhale, she felt like she's breathing in confidence, faith and calmness. This little piece of paper has this wonderful magical effect on her, and it never failed to turn her day around. As I said, an eternity of happiness.

Life went on, and the paper never left her side.

© 2013 Basma Hesham


Author's Note

Basma Hesham
for anyone who might wonder what " the promise they made. " is, The boy is respecting the girls' belief to never date until she's mature and ready to commit in a marriage, and she knows that if they "pretended" that they're just friends, she might break her promise to God.
So the boy is respecting the girl's beliefs, that's all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

202 Views
Added on September 26, 2013
Last Updated on September 26, 2013
Tags: romance, beginner

Author

Basma Hesham
Basma Hesham

Cairo, Egypt



About
I am myself's biggest enemy. Yes, I am that crazy. a dentist-to-be , a writer-to-be. more..

Writing